PDA

View Full Version : Anybody at The Pardee Opener

GoneCountry
03-11-2016, 03:02 PM
Anybody have a report??? I am usually there for the opener or the week after. But two surgeries this winter have delayed me. Even when I do go. I can't do much but be a spectator. But I guess thats better than sitting here .

CAL.NDN
03-11-2016, 03:27 PM
Nope not me haven't missed one in a decade but just getting over bronchitis taking the zpack antibiotics not sure setting in the rain this year would be a wise move

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Jimmy_M
03-11-2016, 03:52 PM
I would have much rather been there than here at work, but no.

CAL.NDN
03-11-2016, 07:16 PM
Well from what I read it was smallest opener today in some time . And bass, crappie and carp were doing OK. It was SLOW for trout from the bank.

saccountyfish
03-11-2016, 10:09 PM
I'll be going there tomorrow bank fishing ... Will update you all after the trip.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

phishndad
03-12-2016, 04:16 AM
The lake has only got one trout plant and that was only 700lbs of DFW fish. I expect baking for trout to be slim pickins.

stefanoflo
03-12-2016, 09:19 PM
The lake has only got one trout plant and that was only 700lbs of DFW fish. I expect baking for trout to be slim pickins.

that could be 700 lbs of 1 lbs fish or 233 fish at 3 lbs each , still not a lot . anyway I wondered why they just plants by numbers of fish than by the Fish LBS. I feel you will get more fish and at maybe a few more larger fish.

GoneCountry
03-12-2016, 10:13 PM
Word is on another thread 2 boats went out on day one kokes were small. I may cancel my reservations for the week after next and wait till the moon isnt so full and give my arm some time to heal. I wont be able to fish just the same just R and R. I still feel where them screws were put in. Hope they get some fish. Or that place will be a ghost town.

CAL.NDN
03-13-2016, 06:32 AM
Well we do pay to fish that means there should be purchased fish if we have to pay. If not well you know the rest of the story. Mama didn't raise no fool. And I for one wouldn't be paying on a DFG plant solely. I already paid enough this year for those fish from my license and all the extra tags.

stefanoflo
03-13-2016, 08:52 AM
hell
anyone ever try Middle bar bridge??Bring a chair, Ice box and a cigar and Its free. and you can get some swimming upstream. just bring a Crab net.Plunking will be the Norm!

saccountyfish
03-13-2016, 11:29 AM
I'll be going there tomorrow bank fishing ... Will update you all after the trip.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Here's the update.

Arrived at Pardee at 0700 hours - Paid $20.50 for two people and car. Fished near the marina (didn't go anywhere else, too windy) and watched allot of people bank fishing alongside me and across the lake where the marina is. A lot of boats was launched throughout the morning but all return shortly around noon. Probably because there was no fish taking the baits. I didn't have much luck on the bank fishing either. One bank fisherman caught one black bass and one person across the lake caught what look like a trout but that's it. No one was really catching fish at all. Needless to say, there are plenty of what looks like carp jumping all over the lake. Splash Splash Splash is what I hear while jigging for trout.

I stayed at Pardee till noon and left for Camanche and stayed there until park ranger came out and notified us that Camanche is closing (Park close at 7pm). I only got two Trout (13" trout) from the pond. Tried the lake but it was flooded from the storm so I could only fished by the boat launch. I didn't want to risk my car getting stuck in the mud trying to find a fishing spot so I just fished by the boat launch.

Pictures shows Pardee Marina where I fished & Two Trout I got from Camanche

phishndad
03-13-2016, 09:30 PM
Well we do pay to fish that means there should be purchased fish if we have to pay. If not well you know the rest of the story. Mama didn't raise no fool. And I for one wouldn't be paying on a DFG plant solely. I already paid enough this year for those fish from my license and all the extra tags.

Their story is they can't any hatcheries that have any trout to supply them with this year due to the drought. Supposedly they are trying to get some trout shipped out here from nebraska