PDA

View Full Version : Where to take the boat fishing on Mon 4/4

bub1931
03-29-2016, 07:58 AM
me and my dad plan of taking the boat out fishing on Monday 4/4 but I am wondering where to go. The two ideas I had was

1) Launch out of Antioch and try trolling for Stripers (New to Trolling for Stripers).

*** My only concern here is with the rains and what I have been reading the water is real muddy and low visibility. With no rain in the forecast do you think the water would clear up by the 4th. I went out with a guide and have some area's I want to try trolling deep diving (using yozuris and rattle traps), but not sure if the water will clear up or not.

2) Take the boat and try trout fishing at Lake Camanche.

**** Been there a handful of times, with most times being skunked (Last time about a month ago), but have read a few reports of good or at least some what good fishing. I have some updated gear (Lures, Dodgers, scent) I want to try for trolling.

Any suggestions or input. Will be driving from the Napa Area.

Thanks

salmonid
03-29-2016, 08:59 AM
Maybe head over to Clear lake for the crappie bite?

Seon
03-29-2016, 10:03 AM
I trolled last Saturday with no hits due to the Delta waters being pretty.

Maybe go to the MBF for Sturgeon?

Good luck.

bub1931
03-29-2016, 10:26 AM
I thought about sturgeon fishing. read reports from some guides that have been doing good lately in the Suisun Bay. but I have only been fishing for sturgeon once, and do not have the knowledge. If I could swing it I would just hire a guide, but not sure about $$$

Thanks for the input though

redneckpunk
03-29-2016, 11:24 AM
I think by the 4th, with no severe weather in the forecast, waters should be clearer. I would stay on the SJ sis was the Sac is still flushing from higher releases. Also, don't rule out shallow troll, esp
With the Rat-L-Traps.

And keep an eye on the reports from the guides fishing that area. Most have Facebook pages and are honest with their daily report posts. This gives a good idea of what's going on leading up to your trip

bub1931
03-30-2016, 08:31 AM
I am leaning towards launching out of Antioch and trying some places close to that area. First time launching or fishing by myself in this area. I have a 15.5 ft Westcoaster, and I am just a little nervous to be fishing in larger water then lakes that I normal go to for trout.

I was with a guide trolling last year around Sept/Oct. So I am going to try a couple places he took us to like Broad Slough, Big Break and try trolling. Might grab some bait as well if trolling is not working out. Any other suggestions or tips for stripers in this area.

I am trying to expand my fishing knowledge and go after potentially bigger fish. I normally only fish for trout. Now I have a little bit of trolling gear for Stripers, I have trolling gear that I going to try for Salmon for this year.

LONO100
04-03-2016, 08:19 PM
i had some family from new mexico over and i took them sight seeing around the MBF/benicia/carcuinez area. we didnt do any fishing, just had a picnic on the water (they arent into fishing much) but i had my finder on and i was marking lots of fish almost everywhere i went. lots of sturgeon near the MBF, and schools of stripers moving throughout the area. lots of what looked to be stripers sitting around ozal pier.

my buddy steph also did very well in the SJ near three mile slough. you can try there as well. good luck out there, looks like it's gonna be a while before i can get out on the water, but i hope to soon.

herculesboat
04-17-2016, 10:13 AM
I think by the 4th, with no severe weather in the forecast, waters should be clearer. I would stay on the SJ sis was the Sac is still flushing from higher releases. Also, don't rule out shallow troll, esp
With the Rat-L-Traps.

And keep an eye on the reports from the guides fishing that area. Most have Facebook pages and are honest with their daily report posts. This gives a good idea of what's going on leading up to your trip

good infos..thanks