PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Lake

MyPhoenix2301
04-15-2016, 11:21 AM
Does anyone have any current info on the water level and projected fishing conditions?

hooks
04-15-2016, 11:57 AM
Probably Line Stretcher does.

Line Stretcher
04-15-2016, 12:49 PM
The low level ramp on the south end has about 8 feet of cement in the water. Plenty for launching larger boats on the Memorial Day opener. This should get us through until August. They put a bunch of flat rocks at the end of the cement to ease the transition.

Fishing the west side and the springs should be prductive. The orange black dot sure catch with the brass back would be my first lure choice. I haven't heard what the plant will be like. Those fish will hang around the back side of shrimp island a few days after the plant.

If you are brave enough to venture up to Pelican, you'll probably find better fish on the south back side but watch the rocks.

The week after the opener, the bite will be off. Don't ask me why but it's the same every year. Skip that week and go the next and you'll catch fish. Around June, the fish will start moving over to the east side. Head towards Ronald McDonald and find the spring in 60 feet of water. July and August can be tough but in September you'll start getting nice fish over at miners up to the youth camp. Watch for rocks, they'll surprise you.

Jetspray
04-15-2016, 02:26 PM
The low level ramp on the south end has about 8 feet of cement in the water. Plenty for launching larger boats on the Memorial Day opener. This should get us through until August. They put a bunch of flat rocks at the end of the cement to ease the transition.

Fishing the west side and the springs should be prductive. The orange black dot sure catch with the brass back would be my first lure choice. I haven't heard what the plant will be like. Those fish will hang around the back side of shrimp island a few days after the plant.

If you are brave enough to venture up to Pelican, you'll probably find better fish on the south back side but watch the rocks.

The week after the opener, the bite will be off. Don't ask me why but it's the same every year. Skip that week and go the next and you'll catch fish. Around June, the fish will start moving over to the east side. Head towards Ronald McDonald and find the spring in 60 feet of water. July and August can be tough but in September you'll start getting nice fish over at miners up to the youth camp. Watch for rocks, they'll surprise you.Thanks for that report Steve you and Val know your stuff at Eagle Lake:yahoo:.........Jetspray

Line Stretcher
04-17-2016, 02:52 PM
There will be at least three plants before the opener. The last plant should occur the week before memorial day weekend. These should be diploid fish of the Eagle Lake Trout strain. Those plants won't venture too far into the south basin but they will push the existing fish north. They'll also push the Tui Chubs around since they're currently protecting their young. If you see masses of fish your probably seeing Tui and not trout. The ELT tend to pair up and run in groups of the same age. You may see 3 or 4 at a time on your finder and those are the ones you want to target. They are not particularly hungry this time of year so smaller presentations often work better.