PDA

View Full Version : Shad Fishing Miller

Skypig
05-02-2016, 07:02 AM
Can anyone tell me what shad fishing at Miller is like from the bank? Not the actual fishing, but the crowds. Is it like a combat zone? I was considering going after work in the evenings but I don't do combat fishing. I'm looking for somewhere to catch some shad, but I don't want to deal with a mob to get them.

Brickinthewall98
05-02-2016, 07:42 AM
Not to shabby along the rock bank but the area closer to the free way is always stacked. If you don't like what you see minnow hole is like 5 minutes away

natemeister
05-02-2016, 08:50 AM
Not to shabby along the rock bank but the area closer to the free way is always stacked. If you don't like what you see minnow hole is like 5 minutes away

I've been to both within the past week after work and Miller is slightly more crowded, though I would not classify it as combat fishing. It's nothing like Salmon at Nimbus.
Went to Minnow Hole and from the Sacramento side, hardly anyone there.

Skypig
05-02-2016, 09:56 AM

Is the minnow hole the sharp bend (Oak Hall bend on a map) with the really deep hole? Riverside Drive and the freeway are right next to it.

Brickinthewall98
05-02-2016, 10:05 AM
Is the minnow hole the sharp bend (Oak Hall bend on a map) with the really deep hole? Riverside Drive and the freeway are right next to it.

Yup right Behind the trap

Double_D
05-02-2016, 10:02 PM
Saw them fish lined up from the freeway last week, I'll be working in Sac this week, I'll give it a shot