PDA

View Full Version : Amador $10 = Good Times

bigfin
05-06-2016, 08:49 PM
Had to hit Amador with my son one last time this year . Pleasantly surprised by the price too $20 for the two of us . The day was kinda tough but ended fine , had a mixed bag today 2 Bass , 2 bluegill 10 trout . Kept the trout released the rest although I really wanted to keep the bluegill just wasn't enough of them . Tried 5 spots before we found the fish and when we did I had caught 3 by the time my son had tied his grub on . I have to say they weren't up to usual Amador standards but after seeing only one or two other groups catching fish today we felt fortunate and besides I actually got to teach my son how to fish the grub . Doesn't get better than that , watching him slow down his presentation and catch fish was better than catching them . All fish caught were only 1 0r 2 lbs except the Bass , the water temp was high felt like luke warm bath water, met up with a couple others in a boat that had their limits too . Had to laugh I think my son is hooked cause he's already talking about hitting Caples and going higher for colder water!!!! Ended the day around 3pm but really wanted to stay and try for some crappie I know theres some under that fishing dock somewhere anyone who could give me some insight on how to catch them there would be appreciated pm me we can swap stories . heres a pic and as always Tightlines BF

TroutLife
05-06-2016, 08:54 PM
Going to have to wait a while to fish caples. Thick ice still. Thawed in a few small places along the shore. Glad to hear you and your boy had a good day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

salmonid
05-06-2016, 08:56 PM
Good times with your son for sure!

Take care,

Kaban12
05-06-2016, 10:05 PM
Nailing trout like always! Nice job man. U know how to find them.