PDA

View Full Version : Camanche 5/16

Carman
05-16-2016, 08:10 PM
A buddy and I hit the water this morning at 7 am to see what we could find. No body in the parking lot, we had the lake to ourselves almost!

Headed to the dam and hat island area. The water temp. Was 70.5 degrees. We trolled a couple on the surface and a couple on the downriggers and only caught one about 18". We trolled spoons, rapalas, dodger/ bug combos, big and small, silver, gold, bright, dark, fast, slow, and every depth from the surface down to 50 feet. The one we caught was on a silver humdinger on the surface at 2.2 mph.

We tried the narrows for a while and the mouth to the south marina and marked a lot of fish but no takers. The surface water temperature was 75.7 when we trailered the boat at 1:30 pm.

It was a great day minus the bite! With the temps rising this week, I think trout season is coming to an end at Camanche.

Rye04
05-17-2016, 12:55 AM
Sure beats being at work on a Monday! Sounds like you had a good time!

GoneCountry
05-17-2016, 07:02 AM
​sounds like its time to hi the high country

dpars
05-17-2016, 07:13 AM
I went Saturday for similar results. Left the ramp at 7 and water temp in Marina was 70.9. Headed to small hat and caught 1 after an hour at 15' on a needlefish behind flashers. Only about 13". Made a couple passes across dam and southwestern shore, for 1 strike only on top with a white grub. Headed back toward small hat and caught a nice 19" fish at 18' with a crawler behind flashers. Temp at the dam was between 68 and 69.

Headed up the narrows at 10 and the temp was 74 up there. Hard to believe the water was warmer there. Made a couple of passes, but didn't see much in the way of fish. Had no more strikes and was off the water at 12.