PDA

View Full Version : Carson Rivers and creeks

wing_nutt3
05-29-2016, 09:50 AM
Anyone have any info on the west Carson, wolf and silver creeks? Are they still blown out?
Thanks

Captain Compassion
05-29-2016, 10:26 AM
Anyone have any info on the west Carson, wolf and silver creeks? Are they still blown out?
Thanks

They were down some the middle of last week but are all on the rise. As of Friday the West Carson in the valley from Hope Valley CG down to Sorensens is in good shape. Down the Canyon flows are too high for good fishing. The East Carson is high and off color. The river runners are happy. Flows should peak mid next week. It could get Ugly. See post on Stockerfest for pictures.

CC

MKE
05-29-2016, 10:32 AM
The West Carson is good to go and has fish.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

wing_nutt3
05-29-2016, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the updates. I really like fishing the wolf and silver. I might have to go another route. Anyone ever fished safegen or trout creek? I might head that way.

Captain Compassion
05-29-2016, 04:28 PM
Silver Creek was stocked last week. Not sure of the flows. Love Wolf Creek but haven't fish there for a couple of years because of low water. May be a little off color because of the fire.

CC

wing_nutt3
05-30-2016, 02:41 PM
Just got back and the fishing was a bust. The east is high and very cloudy. The silver was running high and dark, but should be fishable soon. The wolf was high and dark, but fishable... Still needs some more time. A bit to dark for my liking.

Returned to the west Carson. It had decent visibility and just a little high. I could tell it has gotten pounded the last few days. No fish for me, didn't even see a follow or rise. The west is always hard for me despite some of the great looking pockets and runs.