PDA

View Full Version : pmid, 6-30

okie
06-30-2016, 11:08 AM
went out for a couple hours today as a final farewell for the season. banked at spider, must have seen
a couple hundred swim by but woulsnt hot anything, had 2 follows. stopped at ranger station and asked
about next season. vehicles no longer permitted on pelican beach, you can park in the new area and take
a tent to the beach but no vehicles. on the way out south nets, separator and windless looked like rv
storage areas, only 4 vehicles parked at new pelican parking area. just thought i'd pass this on in case
someone may decide they don't want to come to the oct fest. there's plenty of parking just not on pelican
beach. I may miss opening day but do plan on being at the fest.
until oct be safe

hooks
06-30-2016, 11:16 AM
​It was a great year Bill, can't wait until October 1st.

okie
06-30-2016, 12:21 PM
​It was a great year Bill, can't wait until October 1st.

yes, it was a great year, I just hope it starts out better than this year ended.
give lisa a hug for me and tell thanks for leetting us fish, for her not to work you to hard over the summer,
gotta rest them shoulders..
be safe

okie
06-30-2016, 08:03 PM
on another site, someone posted that we can have the fest at any beach,
this was my response

yes, the only problem as I see is the shortage of toilets. you can still camp at pelican but cannot
drive to the beach. tents can be carried down and set up according to the lady at the ranger station. I
think the big rv that got stuck on the beach is what caused them to make that decision, she didn't know
just said word came from tribal office. they still haven done any more work on the ramps. you can launch
from the left and middle but must be very careful since there's no ramps there. i'll make a run out there
in late September 28/29, and report what has been done.
be safe

Captain Compassion
06-30-2016, 09:11 PM
on another site, someone posted that we can have the fest at any beach,
this was my response

yes, the only problem as I see is the shortage of toilets. you can still camp at pelican but cannot
drive to the beach. tents can be carried down and set up according to the lady at the ranger station. I
think the big rv that got stuck on the beach is what caused them to make that decision, she didn't know
just said word came from tribal office. they still haven done any more work on the ramps. you can launch
from the left and middle but must be very careful since there's no ramps there. i'll make a run out there
in late September 28/29, and report what has been done.
be safe

I suspect the fest is best to remain at Pelican. We shall adjust. I'll be there. I'll check things on the 10-1.

CC

Captain Compassion
06-30-2016, 09:13 PM
Bill, Don. You had a good year. Next year should be even better. Thanks for the reports.

CC

okie
07-01-2016, 04:20 AM
I suspect the fest is best to remain at Pelican. We shall adjust. I'll be there. I'll check things on the 10-1.

CC

I agree cc, but with the number of rv's they should make their resv's early to ensure they
can park there. parking will be the main problem.
be safe

hooks
07-01-2016, 05:09 AM
I agree cc, but with the number of rv's they should make their resv's early to ensure they
can park there. parking will be the main problem.
be safe
Can you reserve the RV spots or are they first come first serve?

okie
07-01-2016, 07:07 AM
Can you reserve the RV spots or are they first come first serve?

I don't know, i'll check on that next week sometime.
be safe

Captain Compassion
07-01-2016, 11:03 AM
I don't know, i'll check on that next week sometime.
be safe

The pads at Pelican is first come first serve. Few are using the things should be little problem getting a space for he fest.

CC

XPL051v3
07-01-2016, 10:38 PM
It was another awesome year at PMid. I'll be back for the opener and plan on living there for the first 2 weeks. These fish should all be rested up and ready to eat come opener!

-Xzi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Line Stretcher
07-02-2016, 11:33 AM
I should be there on the 3rd and leaving the following Monday. I'll be up on the pad at pelican pretty close to the middle restroom. Coffee will be fresh brewed and ready by 5am daily just like in April.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Captain Compassion
07-02-2016, 08:34 PM
I should be there on the 3rd and leaving the following Monday. I'll be up on the pad at pelican pretty close to the middle restroom. Coffee will be fresh brewed and ready by 5am daily just like in April.

I'll be seeing you there.

CC

XPL051v3
07-02-2016, 09:02 PM
I'll be seeing you all there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk