PDA

View Full Version : Going to Lake Amador in August

TheWeasel
06-30-2016, 07:25 PM
Going to Amador for the first time in august. I was hoping to get some tips or what usually works there. I've had experience with what works at this lake doesn't work as at others. Just kinda would like to know what to prepare for. Thank you for any tips

CAL.NDN
06-30-2016, 07:38 PM
Ummmm I would go for bass crappie or cats. Not that you can't catch a trout but it's going to be a lot more difficult than normal.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

kokefisher
07-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Going to Amador for the first time in august. I was hoping to get some tips or what usually works there. I've had experience with what works at this lake doesn't work as at others. Just kinda would like to know what to prepare for. Thank you for any tips

august is all about the blue giil crappie catfish that lake is all ready way to warm its only fed by creeks from rain water only good luck

TheWeasel
07-06-2016, 04:49 AM
Ummmm I would go for bass crappie or cats. Not that you can't catch a trout but it's going to be a lot more difficult than normal.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
I know it gets challenging on most lakes this time of year to catch trout but if I can get a few nice ones that'll make it all worth while. I seen how big of cats that get pulled out of there, I'm definitely gonna throw a rod at night for em

saizo
07-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Best bet for trout would be either at the back of the lake where the water comes in or with lights in the water at night around the dam area or fishing dock. Good luck

TheWeasel
07-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Best bet for trout would be either at the back of the lake where the water comes in or with lights in the water at night around the dam area or fishing dock. Good luck

bought a new from the cabelars last month for collins, bright as hell. Its the alumaglow, f***in bright and sucks no battery.

shake-n-bake
07-07-2016, 07:32 PM
It's hot as hell there in August! Good luck