PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Fest, Fall 2016

Captain Compassion
07-02-2016, 08:54 PM
Pyramid Fest, Fall 2016

When : October 7 - 9.
Where ; Pelican Beach, Pyramid Lake, Nevada.

Time again for the annual Fall Pyramid fest. Indications are that there should be lots of trout around including monsters of over 20#. There will be bomb fires and a pot luck on Saturday. Camping is available on the new pads for RVs and such and you can tent camp between the pads or carry your stuff to the beach. There are cabins and a RV park with hookups at Crosby's 3 miles away. Sign up on this thread and let us know who is coming. If you have a boat or need a ride let us know. There will be a separate pot luck thread. If you don't sign up but find that you can get there come ahead. All are welcome.

Here is where you can get more information about the lake, fishing and facilities.
http://www.crosbylodge.net/

CC

Captain Compassion
XPL051v3
sschefer
Fish Junky + the Mrs.
Okie
Robert
Twoelk48 + Daniel
Viper2
Hookum Greg + Dorothy
Geezer
shasta_steve
Mackattack + Peggy
Nick145
Jetspray
kokoloco
SloBoat
WaterPump and ChumLee
Gill Collector + Ol' Greg and Frandabear
Captain Ken
Cheesecakelady + Oddie
Fishon4 + 2
freon1112 + Lisa
Jetspray
Untalan1
Slydog + Julie

fish_junky
07-02-2016, 11:35 PM
I am in along with Mrs Junky. Can't wait. :action-smiley-035:

Line Stretcher
07-03-2016, 04:47 AM
I'm in, details on other board.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

okie
07-03-2016, 05:53 AM
okie ?

Line Stretcher
07-03-2016, 05:55 AM
okie ?
Yes you are.. LOL that was a question wasn't it.. Ha.

Captain Compassion
07-03-2016, 09:53 PM
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/bump02.jpg

okie
07-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Yes you are.. LOL that was a question wasn't it.. Ha.

I just might stay in Thailand, the people here treat me like a mushroom,
keeping me in the dark and feeding me crap all the time.

be safe

Line Stretcher
07-04-2016, 11:44 AM
ROFLOL. ..

Nick145
07-07-2016, 03:45 PM
I'll be there. Do I need to call ahead and reserve a spot or is it first come first serve? I'll be staying in a tent.

okie
07-07-2016, 04:18 PM
I'll be there. Do I need to call ahead and reserve a spot or is it first come first serve? I'll be staying in a tent.

the parking places along the beach are first come, but you will be able to put your tent up on the beach
and there is ample parking there, but cannot drive on the beach.
be safe

Nick145
07-07-2016, 04:26 PM
the parking places along the beach are first come, but you will be able to put your tent up on the beach
and there is ample parking there, but cannot drive on the beach.
be safe

Alrighty sounds good.

Jetspray
07-09-2016, 05:03 PM
Alrighty sounds good.Some of us will be there early in the week, but from what I understand it is verboten to hold spots for others. The tribal rangers and officers will probably frown on that sort of action. I have seen many park in the lot with their vehicles. Just make sure you get the permits you need (fishing, camping, boating) you can get those at Crosby's in Sutcliffe........Jetspray

Line Stretcher
07-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Dave, my boat and my tables need there own spots. I'm not sure but my chairs may need there own spots too. I think we can hold em off for a while anyways. If it gets too crowded with non fest folks we might as well go to windless anyway.

Nick145
07-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Some of us will be there early in the week, but from what I understand it is verboten to hold spots for others. The tribal rangers and officers will probably frown on that sort of action. I have seen many park in the lot with their vehicles. Just make sure you get the permits you need (fishing, camping, boating) you can get those at Crosby's in Sutcliffe........Jetspray

OK so I'll need a fishing and camping permit however do I need a boating permit if I'm not bringing my... my father's boat? (I doubt he'll let me tow it 300 miles away by myself).

Oh and I'll be there on Thursday. I don't know if anyone else is driving through Colfax but I'll be stopping there (halfway point) getting lunch at TJ's roadhouse and letting the dog go to the bathroom. She flushes and everything. Lol.

Jetspray
07-10-2016, 04:44 AM
OK so I'll need a fishing and camping permit however do I need a boating permit if I'm not bringing my... my father's boat? (I doubt he'll let me tow it 300 miles away by myself).

Oh and I'll be there on Thursday. I don't know if anyone else is driving through Colfax but I'll be stopping there (halfway point) getting lunch at TJ's roadhouse and letting the dog go to the bathroom. She flushes and everything. Lol.You can get the boating one if he does come. I used to drive from north Fremont Ca to Eagle Lake and that usually took 7 1/2 hrs on average (before I moved here in 2006). The drive to Pyramid would be close to the same time. Sometimes in Oct we have snows in the Sierra's and that can also hamper moves over the mountains. A dog that flushes I hope can't pass that on to my cats, I think my water bill would go through the roof:goodnight:..........Jetspray

Line Stretcher
07-10-2016, 09:58 AM
As a side note, don't get any of your permits too far in advance. They are non refundable.

Jetspray
07-10-2016, 02:51 PM
As a side note, don't get any of your permits too far in advance. They are non refundable.

+1 Steve, I am just wondering if they will jack up the prices on the yearly stuff for boating and fishing with two rods:music-smiley-019::boxing::fishing1:.........Jetspray

Line Stretcher
07-10-2016, 03:05 PM
I haven't heard anything about price changes. It seems that no one is sure about that until it happens.

Jetspray
07-10-2016, 03:21 PM
I haven't heard anything about price changes. It seems that no one is sure about that until it happens.

I will start checking in Sept. I just call the Tribal office and they put me through to someone who can line me up with the permits and such:bananacheese:.........Jetspray

Line Stretcher
07-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Thanks Dave.

kokoloco
07-10-2016, 04:54 PM
I'll be there.....maybe in the kayak.....WX permitting.

Nick145
07-10-2016, 10:11 PM
You can get the boating one if he does come.

That's an important weekend for him. I am certain he won't be coming with me. Oh well guess it's shore fishing and bribing my fellow sniffers with food and drinks for a spot on their boats. Lol.

I will start checking in Sept. I just call the Tribal office and they put me through to someone who can line me up with the permits and such:bananacheese:.........Jetspray

So I have to call ahead for a permit and then pick them up on my way through?

I'll be there.....maybe in the kayak.....WX permitting.

I'm thinking about maybe bringing my pontoon but it gets nasty up there that time of year and I'd need to register it since it will have a motor on it. Hmm decisions decisions.

Jetspray
07-11-2016, 06:03 AM
So I have to call ahead for a permit and then pick them up on my way through?

No you can get the daily stuff at Crosby's easily. Some do online from the Tribal site. The boating/fishing permits I get are for yearly and the boat gets a sticker. It is only good for October 1st thru June 30th for fishing the boating after the 30th is just for riding around on the lake. I could drive 95 miles for a boat ride but it is easier to go closer for that (Topaz, Caples, Silver, Tahoe).........Jetspray

http://plpt.nsn.us/

Captain Compassion
07-15-2016, 03:21 PM

Captain Compassion
07-23-2016, 11:35 AM

CC

Captain Compassion
08-07-2016, 05:56 PM
Two Months to Pyramid Fest. :bananacheese::bellyemoticon5zi::bananatiedie::cla ppingcheesehead::Butthead:

CC

Captain Compassion
08-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Two Months to Pyramid Fest. :bananacheese::bellyemoticon5zi::bananatiedie::cla ppingcheesehead::Butthead:

CC

Jetspray
08-11-2016, 01:05 PM
I just got two new tackle bags for the Pyramid Fest. I was able to get the multiple boxes into these new bags, happy happy:bananacheese::dancingorange::a-fish:...........Jetspray

XPL051v3
08-12-2016, 05:43 PM

CC

Are we there yet?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LineStretcher
08-12-2016, 05:49 PM
I just got two new tackle bags for the Pyramid Fest. I was able to get the multiple boxes into these new bags, happy happy:bananacheese::dancingorange::a-fish:...........Jetspray

I just got a radical prostatectomy scheduled for Sept. 16th. 4 week recovery period. Nothing say's I can't recover at the mid.

Jetspray
08-12-2016, 06:15 PM
I just got a radical prostatectomy scheduled for Sept. 16th. 4 week recovery period. Nothing say's I can't recover at the mid.If you are able to come Steve I'll give you a hand. You just let me know ahead of time when you will be there...........(Dave Peterson) Jetspray

Line Stretcher
08-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Thanks Dave, I may take you up on that. Right now I'm just going to play it by ear. If I heal as fast as I did from my last surgery it will be doable. Doc was pretty impressed when I took the stairs up 4 flights today.

Jetspray
08-13-2016, 04:29 AM
Thanks Dave, I may take you up on that. Right now I'm just going to play it by ear. If I heal as fast as I did from my last surgery it will be doable. Doc was pretty impressed when I took the stairs up 4 flights today.Very good, heal quickly my friend we will be sure to look for you at the fest for sure:bananacheese::massagetherapist026:starrolling 5ez::starrolling5ez::starrolling5ez::starrolling5e z::starrolling5ez::action-smiley-035:.........Jetspray

Jetspray
08-16-2016, 05:38 PM
Bumpski Pal........Jetspray

Captain Compassion
08-27-2016, 06:29 AM

Jetspray
08-28-2016, 06:25 PM
I am glad that Dee (cheesecake lady) is coming with John. I think he is going to part with gear for those who are interested in funding them a little with some cashola...........Jetspray

Goldencarp
08-30-2016, 05:39 PM
A question for the board. I would like to make it to Pyramid this year. I've been there but never fished it. Question is: in the fall would my 14' Mirrocraft deep v with 15 hp be appropriate for this lake?? I asked because of all the talk of rough conditions at times and drowning it not my thing. Thank you.

Captain Compassion
08-30-2016, 07:18 PM
A question for the board. I would like to make it to Pyramid this year. I've been there but never fished it. Question is: in the fall would my 14' Mirrocraft deep v with 15 hp be appropriate for this lake?? I asked because of all the talk of rough conditions at times and drowning it not my thing. Thank you.

The answer is... Depends on the weather. A lot of smaller craft then yours are out on the water if the winds are lite. You need not wander far from the ramp to find fish. You can troll along the beach at Pelican on down to Seperator or perhaps try a little jigging in the deeper waters between Pelican and the beach to the north. You won't be running across the lake to the Kitchen but will have plenty of opportunity to catch fish.

CC

Jetspray
08-31-2016, 02:39 AM
A question for the board. I would like to make it to Pyramid this year. I've been there but never fished it. Question is: in the fall would my 14' Mirrocraft deep v with 15 hp be appropriate for this lake?? I asked because of all the talk of rough conditions at times and drowning it not my thing. Thank you.I have a larger boat, but I still take it and make sure I get the permits to fish, boat, and camp (all separate permits). As far as the weather we do not leave our boats in the water, we all check the daily weather on our smart phones, noaa weather channel, and we all watch the conditions. If you have a marine radio we all use those too on channel 69. It is a great gathering, you will probably like being there with the rest of the group.........Jetspray

okie
08-31-2016, 12:56 PM
just got back from pyramid, didn't see any change, just didn't see the concrete slabs for the rampsso maybe they have placed them in the water. still only the right dock is where it was at the close of theseason. there were about 20 campers along the beach at separator, but didn't see any craft on the water.
a lot of the area was burned in the fire, as you drive by Sutcliff, the fire burned to the fence of somehomes on the right side of the road when heading north, it didn't get too close to the new homes. fromjust past separator to the pelican turn off a lot of the area on the left was burned, a few spots hadsome burn on left side of road. will try to get back outr there when I return from Thailand, if I do return.
be safe

Jetspray
08-31-2016, 02:11 PM
just got back from pyramid, didn't see any change, just didn't see the concrete slabs for the rampsso maybe they have placed them in the water. still only the right dock is where it was at the close of theseason. there were about 20 campers along the beach at separator, but didn't see any craft on the water.
a lot of the area was burned in the fire, as you drive by Sutcliff, the fire burned to the fence of somehomes on the right side of the road when heading north, it didn't get too close to the new homes. fromjust past separator to the pelican turn off a lot of the area on the left was burned, a few spots hadsome burn on left side of road. will try to get back outr there when I return from Thailand, if I do return.
be safe
Thanks for the report Bill I was wondering what the area looked like. I am sure the folks on the beach are there only to enjoy the water craft as the lake is not open to fishing right now. They may be burners that did not have tickets or just in for some sun and fun.........Jetspray

okie
08-31-2016, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the report Bill I was wondering what the area looked like. I am sure the folks on the beach are there only to enjoy the water craft as the lake is not open to fishing right now. They may be burners that did not have tickets or just in for some sun and fun.........Jetspray

I didn't see any watercraft anywhere, on the way home I saw 1 boat headed that way.
be safe

Jetspray
08-31-2016, 03:20 PM
I didn't see any watercraft anywhere, on the way home I saw 1 boat headed that way.
be safe
Well maybe their need for a cheap camping spot with their monster motor home is an issue. A former owner I do know the need........Jetspray

Line Stretcher
08-31-2016, 06:27 PM
I looked at the Class A and C before I decided to build my B. I got the 2016 Ford Transit 250 today. I won't have it finished for the Fest but it will still be better than a tent. Having no fear of wind or rain is going to be a huge plus.

Jetspray
09-01-2016, 03:31 AM
I looked at the Class A and C before I decided to build my B. I got the 2016 Ford Transit 250 today. I won't have it finished for the Fest but it will still be better than a tent. Having no fear of wind or rain is going to be a huge plus.That's the spirit Steve, hope to see you there.........Jetspray

Goldencarp
09-01-2016, 12:30 PM
Thank you for the advise guys, hope to make there this year!

okie
09-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Thank you for the advise guys, hope to make there this year!

I think it will be a weekend you'll enjoy.
be saf

Jetspray
09-02-2016, 08:51 AM
I think it will be a weekend you'll enjoy.

+1 Okie.........Jetspray

Captain Compassion
09-07-2016, 07:26 PM
One month until Pyrmid Fest. :happy::swimmingfish::clap::hippie::leb3nr::2vroli jk_08::costumed-smiley-031:bananachaga::bunny::dancingorange::bananachees e::party-smiley-048::jumping-smiley-011::bellyemoticon5zi:

CC

XPL051v3
09-07-2016, 08:29 PM
One month until Pyrmid Fest. :happy::swimmingfish::clap::hippie::leb3nr::2vroli jk_08::costumed-smiley-031:bananachaga::bunny::dancingorange::bananachees e::party-smiley-048::jumping-smiley-011::bellyemoticon5zi:

CC

Yeah! I just about got the boat ready. Should be all done and setup in 2 weeks. See you soon CC! Big surprise for you all to see...

sollimes
09-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Yeah! I just about got the boat ready. Should be all done and setup in 2 weeks. See you soon CC! Big surprise for you all to see...

Better bring me sum phillets!!

Jetspray
09-08-2016, 04:52 AM
Better bring me sum phillets!!It is all good if we all go.......Jetspray

lund16
09-08-2016, 08:14 AM
Can someone send me a top 5 list of lures , please be specific ie size, color and so on. This way I can order em up and be ready before hand. I do have DR's. I'm gonna try and make it, I will have to give up a few days of not catching salmon.

okie
09-08-2016, 09:14 AM
Can someone send me a top 5 list of lures , please be specific ie size, color and so on. This way I can order em up and be ready before hand. I do have DR's. I'm gonna try and make it, I will have to give up a few days of not catching salmon.

giving up salmon for trout? hope you can make but that's a big give up, for me anyway.
be safe

hooks
09-08-2016, 09:27 AM

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/hooks-pic/DSCN0249%20-%20Copy_zpspoxyz3rn.jpg

Lyman #4. Green Goblin, White Ladderback, Green and White ladderback, Bloody Frog

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/hooks-pic/DSCN0250_zpszrpu4jgh.jpg
Thomas Boyant, Sierra Spoon 7/8oz, Luhr Jennsen, Sierra spoon 7/8oz

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/hooks-pic/DSCN0252_zpsinnoqisn.jpg

Mag lip 3.5

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/hooks-pic/DSCN0251_zpsiwr6pyiw.jpg

Kwikfish 11, Flatfish u20 and M2

Also Pro-troll Stingking 4.5 and 5 or Apex. Chrome, purple and black,

Captain Compassion
09-08-2016, 12:06 PM
Good Stuff Hooks. If the weather and conditions are right lots of fish including some monsters will come from Jigging. A very popular technique in early October. Folks use 1 to 3 oz jigs in 30 to 90 feet of water. Crippled herring and P-Line type jigs. Heavy spoons like some of those shown by Hooks. Cruse slow and look for fish laying on the bottom.

CC

Captain Compassion
09-13-2016, 05:52 PM

CC

Line Stretcher
09-13-2016, 07:01 PM
Anything on the weather and wind yet?

XPL051v3
09-13-2016, 08:16 PM
Anything on the weather and wind yet?

I talked to the fish Gods earlier. They said mid 70s with dead calm waters. Should be another epic trip!

Jetspray
09-15-2016, 06:24 PM
Bump to the top, gear is ready, boat is ready, I am ready........Jetspray

MKE
09-15-2016, 07:22 PM
I wish I could make it but My friend and I always go on the opener even if we take a few days off work. This year we are taking are kids for a full boat. Along with everyone else. But we always catch A LOT of fish and that's why we go. Last year we caught so many fish it was a day of catching not fishing... They were smacking the jigs we weren't using hanging off the side of the boat.

I'm ready to go!!
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160916/f707931c422411d818f501089a251aec.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

SteelHunter
09-16-2016, 11:25 AM
nice looking jigs there MKE.

I wish I can go to the Pyramid Fest. But I have a concert to go to with the wife.

It seems like I always have something going on the weekend of the fall Pyramid Fest.

once of these days....

at the fest is there a lot of guys fishing from the bank or is this primarily a boat fest?

Jetspray
09-16-2016, 03:55 PM
nice looking jigs there MKE.

I wish I can go to the Pyramid Fest. But I have a concert to go to with the wife.

It seems like I always have something going on the weekend of the fall Pyramid Fest.

once of these days....

at the fest is there a lot of guys fishing from the bank or is this primarily a boat fest?I have a boat but also fish from the shore as well. There are some fellas that head south to Blockhouse and other points to fish. As far as bringing anything up from the deep, I release all of mine so I have equipment on board to put the fish back at the depth I find it. This way they survive longer and get bigger. I have seen many that do not and they have fish floating all around them, this is not good.........Jetspray

Jetspray
09-19-2016, 03:05 AM
Two weeks away.......bump.:cheers1::starrolling5ez::starroll ing5ez::starrolling5ez::starrolling5ez::starrollin g5ez::oregonian_winesmile:Bear_fishes::fish_jumps: Jetspray

Captain Compassion
09-20-2016, 02:39 PM
The docks are all up and open for business. Nancy Vucinich of Pyramid Lake fisheries reports that permits should be available at vendors on Sept. 26, and online around Sept. 24. It's going to be a good one folks.

http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/ramp01.jpg

http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/ramp02.jpg

http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/ramp03.jpg

CC

Jetspray
09-21-2016, 02:35 AM
Thanks for the post CC looks like the repairs make things much easier to launch. It might be a little farther walk back:jasper::turkydance1::turkydance1::turkydance1 ::turkydance1::turkydance1:.........Jetspray

michaelnel
09-21-2016, 03:56 AM
I have equipment on board to put the fish back at the depth I find it.

What equipment is that, and how does the system work?

redneckpunk
09-21-2016, 08:59 AM
This is one such device but are several others out there.

http://seaqualizer.com/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jetspray
09-21-2016, 11:00 AM
What equipment is that, and how does the system work?
Here is what I use it is called a Shelton Fish Descender. I used an old rod end and a spin cast reel, I put some 60 lb super braid on the reel and ran that through the eyes of the old rod end (I did put a eye on the end of the length of rod). I then put a heavy sinker above and below the Descender and all you do is drop the fish down with the device and when it gets to depth you pull up and the fish is off.........Jetspray

http://www.sheltonproducts.com/SFD.html

Jetspray
09-21-2016, 11:02 AM
This is one such device but are several others out there.

http://seaqualizer.com/

Nice looking device, but I have 4 more of the Shelton's in my gear box, they are cheaper to replace.........Jetspray

Jetspray
09-22-2016, 04:04 AM
Weather is looking good so far, but make sure you bring some cold gear. In the past we have had snow here, in Gardnerville, on the first of October. I hope to see many of you there........Jetspray

Jetspray
09-23-2016, 04:20 AM
Got up this morning and it is 30 degrees outside, hope to see everyone soon:jumpinggroup:........Jetspray

Jetspray
09-23-2016, 05:06 PM
I just got through going over my lure boxes and covering my reels for the fest. Again I hope to see some of you there.:129fs238648::turkydance1::turkydance1::turk ydance1::turkydance1::turkydance1::turkydance1:... ..Jetspray

Jetspray
09-24-2016, 05:05 PM
I looked at the Pyramid Tribe site today and it seems they are not up to date yet with their registration and fee area yet online:yikes:.......Jetspray

http://plpt.nsn.us/

Line Stretcher
09-25-2016, 03:50 PM
I heard tomorrow they'd be ready to go.

Jetspray
09-25-2016, 05:32 PM
I heard tomorrow they'd be ready to go.It's what I was told in the first place Steve, but you know how it goes, I just had to look:hypnodisk::yikes::bananasplits::bananasplits: :bananasplits::bananasplits::bananasplits:........ .Jetspray

hooks
09-26-2016, 08:01 AM
I just purchased my boating and fishing permits for Pyramid online. No price increase....:like:

Jetspray
09-26-2016, 04:51 PM
I just purchased my boating and fishing permits for Pyramid online. No price increase....:like:Me too Don, senior/boating with a two rod stamp $244 for the yearly:yikes::turkydance1::bananasplits::turkydanc e1::bananasplits::turkydance1::bananasplits::129fs 238648:.........Jetspray

Line Stretcher
09-26-2016, 08:36 PM
Anyone know the status of Pyramid Highway at Reno/Sparks. Last April they were starting to work on it and said there would be detours. Just curious if I need to pick an alternate route.

Jetspray
09-27-2016, 03:56 AM
Anyone know the status of Pyramid Highway at Reno/Sparks. Last April they were starting to work on it and said there would be detours. Just curious if I need to pick an alternate route.I always take 395 north and then McCarran East. When I hit Pyramid Hwy it is a left turn at the light. Most of the work is to widen Pyramid Hwy at the intersection. The traffic there was very heavy during commute times........Jetspray

Line Stretcher
09-27-2016, 06:43 AM
I always take 395 north and then McCarran East. When I hit Pyramid Hwy it is a left turn at the light. Most of the work is to widen Pyramid Hwy at the intersection. The traffic there was very heavy during commute times........Jetspray
That's the way I go too. I'll be rolling through about 11 am so the commute traffic should be over by then. Thanks for the update Dave.

Jetspray
09-27-2016, 12:45 PM
That's the way I go too. I'll be rolling through about 11 am so the commute traffic should be over by then. Thanks for the update Dave.
Sometimes when I go home I take the Nixon route through the Dayton area south on 50, just to go opposite of the commute mess. I just hope the bypass connection in Carson City gets open. Hwy 50 from Tahoe to 580 north, this will cut a bunch of time to Pyramid for me at 65 to 70 mph vs 65 to 55 to 45 to 35 to 45 to 60 to 65 to 55 to 45 to a stop and turn north to 65 to 55 to 35 to 25 unless school is in then 15 you know the drill lets go slow to see everyone's backyard on 50 and 95 north..........Jetspray

Tifoso
09-27-2016, 12:52 PM
Sometimes when I go home I take the Nixon route through the Dayton area south on 50, just to go opposite of the commute mess. I just hope the bypass connection in Carson City gets open. Hwy 50 from Tahoe to 580 north, this will cut a bunch of time to Pyramid for me at 65 to 70 mph vs 65 to 55 to 45 to 35 to 45 to 60 to 65 to 55 to 45 to a stop and turn north to 65 to 55 to 35 to 25 unless school is in then 15 you know the drill lets go slow to see everyone's backyard on 50 and 95 north..........Jetspray

Am I the only one who got carsick reading this? :baghead:

lund16
09-27-2016, 04:51 PM
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/hooks-pic/DSCN0249%20-%20Copy_zpspoxyz3rn.jpg

Lyman #4. Green Goblin, White Ladderback, Green and White ladderback, Bloody Frog

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/hooks-pic/DSCN0250_zpszrpu4jgh.jpg
Thomas Boyant, Sierra Spoon 7/8oz, Luhr Jennsen, Sierra spoon 7/8oz

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/hooks-pic/DSCN0252_zpsinnoqisn.jpg

Mag lip 3.5

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s288/hooks-pic/DSCN0251_zpsiwr6pyiw.jpg

Kwikfish 11, Flatfish u20 and M2

Also Pro-troll Stingking 4.5 and 5 or Apex. Chrome, purple and black,

Ive been looking high and low for all of these lures, those lyman plugs are on an antique lure website. Do any of the local NV tackle stores carry any of these. Bass pro in rocklin didnt have any of them.:wallbash:

Jetspray
09-27-2016, 08:44 PM
Ive been looking high and low for all of these lures, those lyman plugs are on an antique lure website. Do any of the local NV tackle stores carry any of these. Bass pro in rocklin didnt have any of them.:wallbash:Sportsman's and Scheel's has Lyman's available. They are pricy, so I use heavier leader for those with good swivels like S-Pro's. Most of the other stuff is available and some you will have to modify to meet the color ranges like Don has done. Cop Car colors work well (black & white). You need to mimic the colors of the small fry in the lake to get great hits.........Jetspray

hooks
09-28-2016, 03:29 AM
Ive been looking high and low for all of these lures, those lyman plugs are on an antique lure website. Do any of the local NV tackle stores carry any of these. Bass pro in rocklin didnt have any of them.:wallbash:

Right now Lyman lures is out of stock on #4 lyman or they are just not offering them for sale so their retailers can sell them? They have a few of the #2 size. Canada.

http://www.lymanlures.com/store/ (http://www.lymanlures.com/store/)

Watch ebay. Occasionally there are some for sale. You're going to have to beat me to them though. LOL

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2374313.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xlyman.TRS 0&_nkw=lyman&_sacat=179961

Check these out

https://www.bobwards.com/lyman-lures-size-4-wood-plug-71534

http://www.thefishinhole.com/index.cfm?action=product&se=27671

https://www.fishermanswarehouse.com/shop/lyman-lures-wooden-plugs/

Jetspray
09-28-2016, 04:24 AM
WTG Don it is hard to find hand made plugs, Draggin's are a good choice as well:action-smiley-035:........Jetspray

hooks
09-28-2016, 06:20 AM

Also what you might do is stop in at Crosby's at Pyramid Lake. They have lures for sale. Maybe the reopened marina next to the ranger station?

Also some of the lures pictured are repainted or paint slightly modified. The kwikfish on the left and the flatfish on the right are completely stock paint. I added just the red dots with fingernail polish.

The white flatfish were sanded, repainted white with 2 coats. Added black and red features with nail polish and eyes. Then 3 coats of clear.

Line Stretcher
09-29-2016, 12:06 PM
The water report is in. Looks like 65 feet is the magic number if you're looking for bigger fish. The slot fish will be all over the place with 02 levels good to 180 feet.

hooks
09-29-2016, 12:41 PM
Thanks. I checked that out on the fisheries facebook.

Wind is forecast out of the SW early, light winds. Changing to W wind and increasing. Hope that's the case. If not, I'll fish from shore.

Jetspray
09-29-2016, 01:14 PM
Thanks. I checked that out on the fisheries facebook.

Wind is forecast out of the SW early, light winds. Changing to W wind and increasing. Hope that's the case. If not, I'll fish from shore.Hope to see you there Don. Shore fishing might be a challenge. I will still bring my boat:starrolling5ez::starrolling5ez::starrolling5e z::starrolling5ez::starrolling5ez::action-smiley-035:......Jetspray

Line Stretcher
09-29-2016, 02:04 PM
Dave what day are you comming up for the fest?

Jetspray
09-29-2016, 02:40 PM
Dave what day are you comming up for the fest?Not quite sure yet but wed. or thurs. are on the menu. I have to clean up the boat and load up the camper. The local spray wash is down so I have to go into town. There are two of the spray types down there and not too spiffy. Most of the stuff I can do at the WalMart on the way back to the house and there is now a great place to fuel up south of that which just opened a few months ago. It is not as hard as it was in the past. I might say that the 580 bypass build which ends at Hwy 50 to Tahoe is making great progress as well, and I expect they will open that in 2017.......Great Days Ahead:witless::tomato::tomato::tomato::onthego:... ......Jetspray

Line Stretcher
09-29-2016, 03:15 PM
Ok, I'll be there Wednesday and so should Peggy and Jake. I'll include you in our dinner plans for Wed and Thurs and if you don't like Steak or Ribs then I'll have my cook table setup and you can cook your own. I have a new Cuisinart BBQ or you can use the Camp Chef or the range and microwave in the van. Coffee is a given, I just bought 2 party bags of Pete's Major Dickason, same as last April. The first pot should be ready by 6am daily or sooner.

Jetspray
09-29-2016, 06:11 PM
Ok, I'll be there Wednesday and so should Peggy and Jake. I'll include you in our dinner plans for Wed and Thurs and if you don't like Steak or Ribs then I'll have my cook table setup and you can cook your own. I have a new Cuisinart BBQ or you can use the Camp Chef or the range and microwave in the van. Coffee is a given, I just bought 2 party bags of Pete's Major Dickason, same as last April. The first pot should be ready by 6am daily or sooner.Thanks Steve, I will try to be there pretty early. I take 395 north from my house which turns to 580. If I leave early enough to be ahead of the traffic it only takes a couple of hours to park the camper/boat. It is 95 miles from my door to Pelican and I only need to get a camping permit at Crosby's. That is kind of why when I take the boat I like at least two days to fish there. I will probably have additional items when I get there........Jetspray

Nick145
09-30-2016, 12:06 AM
Well I kept putting off responding hoping things would change. I no longer can. My Jeep ended up costing $3200 to fix instead of the quoted $1500... I'm swimming it a bit of debt so it's overtime and no vacations for me...

Jetspray
09-30-2016, 03:50 AM
Check the potluck thread, I know how you feel. I had to repair my dad's last car........Jetspray

Line Stretcher
09-30-2016, 12:50 PM
Well I kept putting off responding hoping things would change. I no longer can. My Jeep ended up costing $3200 to fix instead of the quoted $1500... I'm swimming it a bit of debt so it's overtime and no vacations for me...
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully things will be back in order for you in time for the April fest.

Jetspray
09-30-2016, 02:04 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully things will be back in order for you in time for the April fest.+1 Steve.......Jetspray

Nick145
10-01-2016, 11:58 AM
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully things will be back in order for you in time for the April fest.

I hope so as well

LineStretcher
10-02-2016, 07:07 AM
Just a reminder, make sure all of your devices, (phone, etc.,) have the latest updates before you leave home. The data stream up there is lousy and the last thing you need is a bunch of updates downloading when you're try to post your beautiful fish pictures here. I also turn off automatic updates when I'm up there.

Jetspray
10-02-2016, 08:39 AM
Just a reminder, make sure all of your devices, (phone, etc.,) have the latest updates before you leave home. The data stream up there is lousy and the last thing you need is a bunch of updates downloading when you're try to post your beautiful fish pictures here. I also turn off automatic updates when I'm up there.I have one and it stays in a Blockit Pocket so no signal can be reached. Sometimes I wish some would just leave them off especially around the campfire, talking is much better:Bambi_2::7419ne:..........Jetspray

Line Stretcher
10-03-2016, 12:59 PM
Hey folks, got to Pyramid around 9am and snagged MackAttack and myself two primo spots on the pads. Plenty of extra parking room too. There's a nice wide desert sand divider between and plenty of room for the potluck behind the restrooms. The fire pit is built and itching to burn some wood. It's cool right now with a pretty good breeze going but the lake is surprisingly calm.

It'll be cold tonight with a chance of rain. But gets better everyday throughout the fest.

Coffee is hot and the cookies are fresh. I'm so frigging happy to be here.

Oh, yeah, I have my lucky cowboy hat on..

Jetspray
10-03-2016, 04:51 PM
Hey folks, got to Pyramid around 9am and snagged MackAttack and myself two primo spots on the pads. Plenty of extra parking room too. There's a nice wide desert sand divider between and plenty of room for the potluck behind the restrooms. The fire pit is built and itching to burn some wood. It's cool right now with a pretty good breeze going but the lake is surprisingly calm.

It'll be cold tonight with a chance of rain. But gets better everyday throughout the fest.

Coffee is hot and the cookies are fresh. I'm so frigging happy to be here.

Oh, yeah, I have my lucky cowboy hat on..I'll be shopping tomorrow Steve and coming up Wed morning, I hope you don't get rained on.......Jetspray

Line Stretcher
10-03-2016, 04:59 PM
Don't forget were having steak on Wed and Baby Back pork ribs on Thursday. I already have them.

Jetspray
10-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Don't forget were having steak on Wed and Baby Back pork ribs on Thursday. I already have them.Cool Steve is there anything you want me to bring that maybe you forgot, I know you are dragging the kitchen sink........Jetspray

okie
10-03-2016, 06:20 PM
w
be safe
Don't forget were having steak on Wed and Baby Back pork ribs on Thursday. I already have them.

what are your plans for tomorrow/Wednesday?
planned on meeting hooks out there tomorrow at washout,
if you have a seat open Wednesday i'd be happy to come out and fish with you.
right now plan on banking it at washout.
let me know

hooks
10-04-2016, 03:45 AM
w
be safe

let me know

I can't make it today Bill. I forgot that Tuesdays are out.

Line Stretcher
10-04-2016, 05:53 AM
w
be safe

let me know
Bill I'm out here and there's a north wind blowing but the lake looks pretty good. Jake and Peggy will be here tomorrow. I'm using the boat to hold a spot for them and I'm afraid to move it in fear of loosing a really good spot. I'm going to take the dog down to the beach and let him fish after it warms up a little.

okie
10-04-2016, 05:57 AM
Bill I'm out here and there's a north wind blowing but the lake looks pretty good. Jake and Peggy will be here tomorrow. I'm using the boat to hold a spot for them and I'm afraid to move it in fear of loosing a really good spot. I'm going to take the dog down to the beach and let him fish after it warms up a little.

ill be out there, if you want to fish for awhile, I an park my truck where the boat is, jut visit anyways.
can I bring you anything, croissant, donut, muffin? i'll be there around 9 or so.
be safe

hooks
10-04-2016, 06:04 AM

Check the wind here.....smh!

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/rev/remotedata/newpyrlk.php

No confidence in this site?

Jetspray
10-04-2016, 10:48 AM
I'm still coming but I had a detour last night up all night sick. I will go through the motions tonight and see how far I get:numbness:........Jetspray

Line Stretcher
10-04-2016, 11:00 AM
Check the wind here.....smh!

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/rev/remotedata/newpyrlk.php

No confidence in this site?
Hooks, wind finder doesn't have it right either. Nor sure what's up with the forecasting.

Captain Compassion
10-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Here is another weather site. It shows conditions on Anaho Island.
http://www.findlocalweather.com/hourly/nv/anaho+island+national+wildlife+refuge.html

CC

okie
10-04-2016, 11:07 AM
went to the lake to visit with steve, fished from the bank for awhile, nothing for me but weeds/moss,
steve had a sdr and landed 1 about 4-5 lbs on a frog spoon I think. nice seeing you again and a very
nice rig you have put together. I don't catch many fish, but it appears that whomever i'm fishing with
does pretty good, so I guess i'm just a 'good luck' piece.
see you all in a couple days.
be safe

Jetspray
10-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Almost done just a couple of things left to do..........Jetspray

Line Stretcher
10-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Yee Haw, head em up and move em out.

Jetspray
10-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Yee Haw, head em up and move em out.I'm done heading out in the morning when I get up. I can eat in Carson:elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::ele phant:.........Jetspray

Captain Compassion
10-06-2016, 05:30 PM
The truck is packed. The weather at The Mid looks to be near perfect for the next three days. Everyone is welcome. You don't need no invite and you don't need to be on no list. Come on up to The Mid. The fish are hitting. ::)

CC