PDA

View Full Version : Archery targets from plastic

Grncrestliner
07-19-2016, 04:49 PM
With archery season just around the corner for my hunt and already open in some areas we have been shooting a lot lately. My son followed a basic design he found on an archery forum and built a 30" square x 16" deep plastic bag archery target. He loves it. I have one that I use in camp that is just a small cardboard box stuffed with shopping bags and it works fine but my son's large one sounds interesting. He is in a situation where he can leave it set up year round so weight or size does not matter to him. My purchased target is getting shot out so I may make a large one and not purchase another archery target. Just something interesting and I had never heard of doing this until a couple of years ago when a member here (Fishbucket) mentioned making a plastic bag target.
If you have never heard of doing this you just stuff as many plastic shopping bags in a container as you can possibly fit and the arrows remove very easily and I have never had a complete pass threw on mine and it is about 12" square. A 12" box holds more plastic bags than you might think.
My last 3 shots today were one shot each from 30,40 and 50 yards and it was a 2.5" group with all 3 in the 3" bull.

BigUnInDaBoat
07-19-2016, 06:40 PM
Yup the local Gun Club has them on their archery range, they are pretty slick.