PDA

View Full Version : Back to Kaw Lake Round 2

bigfin
07-24-2016, 08:34 PM
Just got back from Kansas yesterday . Got to fish Kaw Lake again in Oklahoma bout a 2 hr drive from Wichita . Weather was tough 104 ' plus humidity wind was at 20 mph definitely not great conditions but when your there you make the best of it , caught a mixed bag today catfish,white bass,crappie,drum & even a Shad . Nothing big today and not very good numbers of crappie these are what we kept let a bunch of little ones go . Pics are of the fish and lake we spent most of our time fishing under that bridge in the shade . The fish were right on the shade line . The surrounding area Rip Rap right by the bridge is where we hooked that big Flathead a few years back . My friend Albert did have something substantial on while fishing a stump in 16 ft of water but it spit after about one minute have to admit loved the way his pole bent totally in half . Had a lot of white caps there made for a bumpy ride back , I was spinning for a little while after , not to mention this California kid is a total redneck now . Took some pics notice the water color its basically always like that . Until next time Tightlines BF

Kaban12
07-24-2016, 09:05 PM
Nice.

Surprised u didn't do any noodling. Lol

bigfin
07-25-2016, 06:06 AM
Nice.

Surprised u didn't do any noodling. Lol

Funny Kaban , something about that just doesn't feel right its not the same when the fish is pulling on your arm rather than your pole . Tightlines BF

jon_may
07-25-2016, 03:54 PM
thanks-- really cool to see other states fishing...

CAL.NDN
07-25-2016, 04:00 PM
Dam good looking fish fry there. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

nvthis
07-25-2016, 06:26 PM
Caught my first ever drum in Florida this year. Had NO idea what it was...

bigfin
07-25-2016, 08:23 PM
Caught my first ever drum in Florida this year. Had NO idea what it was...

Yeah I can remember catching them in the mighty Mo when I was a kid they got real big in there but you always had to put on a ton of weight cause of the current , that one there is actually about 3lbs just looks small cause of the zoom was surprised they are a very clean bright fish.
Tightlines BF

nvthis
07-27-2016, 08:16 AM
Do you eat them?

bigfin
07-27-2016, 09:00 AM
Do you eat them?

No No Ive never ate one , always thought they were too much like carp . I was just kinda surprised at how clean they were real bright and silvery. Really I wanted to fish below the Dam but can't turn down the chance to fish the main body either , the friends I was with didn't seem to interested in fishing the current below the dam , but I have seen stripers caught on swim baits there one after the other they also have paddlefish . Tightlines BF