PDA

View Full Version : Rosie's Last Summer

Treebeard
07-29-2016, 06:32 PM
well, heck... just lost a long-ish post because of "operator error", it was about Rosie and my desire to get her up fishing in the Sierra this year because she probably won't be here (or able) next summer... she's getting Chemo for Stage 4 Lymphoma (taking it well)... and for reasons to be explained I can't get her up there by myself. I cant take the time right now to rewrite it because I need to go ... anyway I wasnt sure this is the best place to post it anyway, probably "campfire" but mostly people here on Trout would know her... or should I put it somewhere in my profile? I can probably check back late tonight to see where y'all think I should stick it .-)

TB

salmonid
07-29-2016, 07:04 PM
Sad to read the news about Rosie your pup.

Leave your post where you want it to be. Hope things work out for the best; end of life stuff sucks for humans and pets.

Hang in there, Treebeard.

Captain Compassion
07-29-2016, 07:07 PM
Any help I can give you let me know. I have never met Rosie but I have enjoyed her adventures.

CC

fishwrong2
07-30-2016, 09:53 AM
Always have liked your posts. You seem to be a person able to enjoy the outdoors regardless of circumstances. Get out and enjoy ever day you have with Rosie. They all count.

Let us know how you do. I know I'm one of many who like reading of your adventures..

fishingfrieda
07-30-2016, 10:02 AM
How can we help you get her out?

Waterdog
07-30-2016, 01:09 PM
It saddens me to hear this is Rosie's last summer. I have had dogs or rather they have had me since I was 8 years old and I am now 67. I love them like children and they truly are Gods children. I've had to say good bye to so many of them and the pain of doing so just gets harder. God bless you and Rosie, I hope you get to spend much quality and fun time with her and I hope you make many more great memories with her.

sawhorseray
07-31-2016, 06:10 PM
I know your pain, been there a few time myself. The greatest act of love a man can show a faithful old friend is to let them go down with dignity and without suffering. Rosie will need for you to be strong, God bless. RAY

xwhyzi
07-31-2016, 10:44 PM
Man's Best Friend :) Enjoy while you can.