PDA

View Full Version : Archery 3x3

Grncrestliner
09-11-2016, 09:32 AM
I went back for my archery zone hunt on Wednesday and was going to hunt until Sunday evening if necessary. I had hunted the same general area for 10 days earlier in the season and had found a few bucks but could not close the deal. Well Wednesday evening we found 3 bucks that were too far away to do anything about that day so we moved on. My buddy had taken a decent 3x3 on the first hunt and he came back just to hang around camp and scout for hunts in the future. On Thursday morning I drove out of camp at 5:30 and I guess me starting the quad woke him up. I needed to ride about 3 miles and then hike about 1 mile to get were I wanted to be. I spotted a good buck early but after watching it for over 30 minutes decided I was going to waste all morning on a buck I had no chance of getting close to so I moved on. I realized after climbing the hill that I did not have any kind of knife with me and decided that returning to the quad to get a knife was not needed since I have what amounts to razor blades on a stick and I could use a broadhead if necessary. Well I was sneaking around in some junipers around 9 am when I found the same 3 bucks we had seen the night before looking at me from 60 yards. 60 yards is about my max but I do practice a lot at 60. I shot at the only one that was broadside and even though I hit high I got him. I found the arrow after the shot and it was broken in half and my Magnus Stinger was bent up some but I was able to notch the tag and clean the deer with the same broadhead that I killed it with. The buck is a 3x3 20 inches wide. We had to pack the buck about 3/4 of a mile down to a jeep road but it was mostly downhill and since each of us had our packs it made it a lot easier on me.
Not sure about posting photos here any more since I no longer us any of the photo hosting websites.

BigUnInDaBoat
09-11-2016, 09:37 AM
Congrats on getting your AO tag punched!

ampm
09-11-2016, 09:40 AM
Email me the pics again, I'll post them.

Grncrestliner
09-11-2016, 10:20 AM
Email me the pics again, I'll post them.

Three or four of you guys have some photos now and I figure whoever can post them first should go ahead and post a couple. Every forum is unique and I forget how to move photos around on this forum. FinAddicts and Jesse's seems easier to me. Of course Jesse's is down for the upgrade right now.

ampm
09-11-2016, 11:44 AM
Here ya go

CAL.NDN
09-11-2016, 11:52 AM
Your a bad ass field dressing that with a broad head! Hats off to you. Nice hunt good job....

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

dthome
10-18-2016, 06:10 PM
Nicely done!