PDA

View Full Version : New Pyramid Paved Campsites Question

TghtLin
10-15-2016, 07:55 PM
Does the new Pyramid Paved Campsites at the Main Launch Ramp have any hooks-up (power, water, sewer)?

Jetspray
10-15-2016, 10:04 PM
Answer: no.....the only facility like that is by the marina in Suttcliff, there is also a dump station there. The paved sites are level with a lot of sticker bushes around the ones on the north side sites. It was easy for me to maneuver my camper/boat around every morning when going out. You still need something to mark the spot with while your vehicle and trailer are at the top of cardiac hill though.........Jetspray

TghtLin
10-16-2016, 12:19 AM
Answer: no.....the only facility like that is by the marina in Suttcliff, there is also a dump station there. The paved sites are level with a lot of sticker bushes around the ones on the north side sites. It was easy for me to maneuver my camper/boat around every morning when going out. You still need something to mark the spot with while your vehicle and trailer are at the top of cardiac hill though.........Jetspray

Ok thanks for the info! If the wind will be calm as predicted we going up and the end of this coming week. I will post the results.

Line Stretcher
10-16-2016, 08:03 AM
Carry chains with you, the Sierra micro climates can fool you from now until next June.

Line Stretcher
10-16-2016, 08:57 AM
More info from experience. Jetspray covered your questions so I would only add that if you have a boat, try to get a spot as close to the ramp as possible. The boat trailer parking lot fills up fast with people comming from nearby towns. They typically won't park on the pads because they'd need a camping permit. If you don't want to launch in the morning darkness then get a camp spot close to the ramp or you'll be facing a long walk. The caveat here is that the restrooms won't be in the best of conditions. Bring butt gaskets and Ozium spray.

Jetspray
10-16-2016, 02:50 PM
If you are pulling a trailer make sure part of your "chains" include the trailer being pulled as well. Over the years of living here I know of some who don't and had tragic results as a matter of that............Jetspray