PDA

View Full Version : 2016 trout stream season review poll

stefanoflo
10-19-2016, 10:10 PM
with the streams about ready to close in less than a month
I wanted your feedback or poll on what you season was like
with all the water we got did you do better you worse than last year ?? or even before last??

Jetspray
10-19-2016, 11:45 PM
Thing is it is something to do that occupies a great time, I just enjoy the ability to get out there. I do not goal fish or do not wish to win at it. I just like doing it, so numbers don't mean much.........Jetspray

Captain Compassion
10-20-2016, 07:24 AM
Poor indeed. Had two excellent days last week on both the Walker and the Carson. Now they are blown out. :(

CC

hooks
10-20-2016, 08:12 AM
I didn't fish any streams this year or last year.....so I did average I guess.:nevezuha1bz:

​I love stats...LOL

stefanoflo
10-20-2016, 09:12 AM
Thing is it is something to do that occupies a great time, I just enjoy the ability to get out there. I do not goal fish or do not wish to win at it. I just like doing it, so numbers don't mean much.........Jetspray

Granted its something to do, I mean hell
The beauty of trout fishing, the wilderness and the clean water and the falls .Thats nice and where else can you get that kind of beauty fishing . but after a while ,getting skunked after skunk , things don`t look so nice do they??? trees start looking like trees and the water looks empty with crap in it, because you fear getting skunked again. In all ,we all want to get a fish or two. . for one, it puts food on the table if your into that and two, it keeps you busy . why go fishing for nothing if your not busy ,unless your skipping rocks and that even takes a toll on your Arm. beside the casting when your skunked again!

wing_nutt3
10-20-2016, 09:22 AM
Best year I had in a long time. Wolf and Carson, fished the best.

Jetspray
10-20-2016, 10:07 AM
Granted its something to do, I mean hell
The beauty of trout fishing, the wilderness and the clean water and the falls .Thats nice and where else can you get that kind of beauty fishing . but after a while ,getting skunked after skunk , things don`t look so nice do they??? trees start looking like trees and the water looks empty with crap in it, because you fear getting skunked again. In all ,we all want to get a fish or two. . for one, it puts food on the table if your into that and two, it keeps you busy . why go fishing for nothing if your not busy ,unless your skipping rocks and that even takes a toll on your Arm. beside the casting when your skunked again!Well it has been a great retirement so far. I retired in 2006 at 56, now being 66 it has been a great time fishing with CC. As far as keeping them we hardly do any of that unless we are having family or just want to keep some for the Barbie. Most of the time it is just being out there and seeing what we do (deer, bears, bobcats, marmots, river otters, or any other creatures like those). Time is on our side and we can always pick the good days just by watching the weather guessers:Gone_fishing:........Jetspray

panther
10-20-2016, 04:22 PM
I didn't fish streams this year, but I did fish a lot in the Eastern Sierras, Trinity Alps, and closer to home (Nevada and Placer counties). The close to home fishing was poor...due to an extreme cut in trout planting. In the Eastern Sierras, I fish the well-known lakes, and also hike a lot to brook trout lakes. The brookies are wild, so there is always a good population of them...and the fishing is consistently good. Fishing in the Mono County lakes was good...but planting is still strong in that area. In the Trinity Alps, it's wild fish again, and good fishing. I'm retired (will be 70) in about 6 weeks. I love nature, hiking, and animals. But I must admit, it all interests me much more when the fishing is going to be / has been good.

Luvs2Fish
10-22-2016, 11:58 AM
Best Year ever. Fished mostly the East Carson with a couple of trips to Mono County. Fishing on the E. Carson was great and we were never disappointed, with great numbers of fish of good size. There were those annoying mini-trout the State of CA put in every now and then. There was a period the river was blown out when the snowpack melted very quickly and the most recent storm.

We fish a couple of times a week and release all fish. Flies for me and bait for my husband. Amazing job by Alpine County keeping the river enjoyable for all. I know the West Carson's water level got too low for planting last month.

fishinfrank
10-23-2016, 07:49 AM
Six trips to Walker this year, limits every time. Same as it ever was.... although I don't think they stocked as many 6lb plus fish this year.