PDA

View Full Version : 10-13-16 Bear reservoir

brandonh5
10-26-2016, 08:56 AM
Made a trip up to Bear reservoir with my buddy Tommy. Got the boat on the water around 715am. We trolled till about 12pm with no luck. Had two lines on the down riggers and two top water lines with no luck. So we decided to head to the back of the lake and check out the upper lake. It ended up being about a quarter mile hike from where we tied up, since the water is so low. Took our gear and headed to he upper lake. We found a few fishing hopes on the way up and decided to try them out, my buddy threw his first cast with a silver kast master and bam, he nailed an almost 5lb rainbow that must have been holding over in one of those holes. Beautiful looking fish t was. We go to the upper lake and the water level sure was low. Only ended up catching a few small guys up there, weren't there for long though. Not a bad day, just really glad we went so I can get things situated in the boat.

brandonh5
10-26-2016, 09:03 AM
Here are two of the first we caught.

stefanoflo
10-26-2016, 10:27 AM
Made a trip up to Bear reservoir with my buddy Tommy. Got the boat on the water around 715am. We trolled till about 12pm with no luck. Had two lines on the down riggers and two top water lines with no luck. So we decided to head to the back of the lake and check out the upper lake. It ended up being about a quarter mile hike from where we tied up, since the water is so low. Took our gear and headed to he upper lake. We found a few fishing hopes on the way up and decided to try them out, my buddy threw his first cast with a silver kast master and bam, he nailed an almost 5lb rainbow that must have been holding over in one of those holes. Beautiful looking fish t was. We go to the upper lake and the water level sure was low. Only ended up catching a few small guys up there, weren't there for long though. Not a bad day, just really glad we went so I can get things situated in the boat.

wish i was a bat
was getting dizzy standing on my head looking at the photos

brandonh5
10-26-2016, 11:24 AM
I don't know why they posted upside down, couldn't figure out how to flip them back the right way.

stefanoflo
10-27-2016, 09:35 PM
let me ask
I plan on going up there next week .Is the Bear river that come out below the Bear River Lake Reservoir fish able ? looks as if there are some good holes there?? anyone ever fish that river that comes out if it.

Jeff E
10-29-2016, 01:42 AM
let me ask
I plan on going up there next week .Is the Bear river that come out below the Bear River Lake Reservoir fish able ? looks as if there are some good holes there?? anyone ever fish that river that comes out if it.

I hiked it down a ways(3 miles) from the lake during Sept. one year. Just a trickle but lots of pools. It probably died off pretty much during the drought, but probably some fish washed down last winter. Not easy going, a lot of carved granite.

stefanoflo
10-29-2016, 11:24 PM
I hiked it down a ways(3 miles) from the lake during Sept. one year. Just a trickle but lots of pools. It probably died off pretty much during the drought, but probably some fish washed down last winter. Not easy going, a lot of carved granite.

Hell reading your post made me already tired of hiking and dealing with Granite as is. maybe that was just a curious thought. Thats better than a curious hike down 3 miles. and what goes down has to come up, if your hiking. it always a faster hike down than a hike up . plus the aftereffect the next day. i`ll stick to the lake
Thanks
SF