PDA

View Full Version : Ice House 11/25

toomanyhobbies
11-25-2016, 09:12 PM
Took the new boat out again after the wifey decided to go shopping. Hit the lake late (10ish) and trolled to a nice limit. Picked up a few real nice bows and a couple dinks that were bleeding so on the stringer they went. Weather was great, and only one other boat out. Caught 3 on a wedding ring behind a dodger, 1 on a fire tiger needlefish and the last on Sep's micro flasher with a worm. Thank you to everyone who has provided all the pointers and information for a rookie troller. My first real crack at it and limited in 4 hours. Changing speeds was probably the coolest trick that worked , several times the moment I changed up or down bam! fish on!!2964029641

Plug-n-Jug
11-29-2016, 03:26 PM
Took the new boat out again after the wifey decided to go shopping. Hit the lake late (10ish) and trolled to a nice limit. Picked up a few real nice bows and a couple dinks that were bleeding so on the stringer they went. Weather was great, and only one other boat out. Caught 3 on a wedding ring behind a dodger, 1 on a fire tiger needlefish and the last on Sep's micro flasher with a worm. Thank you to everyone who has provided all the pointers and information for a rookie troller. My first real crack at it and limited in 4 hours. Changing speeds was probably the coolest trick that worked , several times the moment I changed up or down bam! fish on!!2964029641

Making S turns as you go helps too. The inside rod slows down and the outside speeds up.

Tifoso
11-29-2016, 03:29 PM
Hmmm.

Fishing or shopping? Fishing or shopping?

I choose fishing.

*entire Sniffer community feigns surprise*

fishwrong2
11-30-2016, 12:05 PM
Looks like a good choice to me.

Nice fish.

Thanks for the report.