PDA

View Full Version : What did you get at the ISE?

LONO100
01-20-2017, 05:52 PM
Every year at the ISE, i come away with a haul of from everything between lures and new boats. This was this years haul:

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee480/LONO101/fishin%20pics/20170120_171704_zpswwrhzidn.jpg (http://s1229.photobucket.com/user/LONO101/media/fishin%20pics/20170120_171704_zpswwrhzidn.jpg.html)

Im really excited about the "bait buoy" i came away with. This thing looks to have so much potential when bait dunking for stripers and dinos, and could help when trolling too. Ill post pics once i get it installed on the boat.

What are some cool gadgets you came away with?

salmonid
01-20-2017, 06:03 PM
Looks like you picked up some bling with the lami and Phenix stickers!

BigUnInDaBoat
01-20-2017, 06:41 PM
I bought some lures, we went to see the eastman trophy wall but we couldn't find it. I got to talk to Justin Wolff and we started talking about fishing, and I walked away with these bad boys.2983829839

BD07_Deltafishing
01-20-2017, 08:04 PM
Cant wait to put this to use..

http://fishsniffer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29840&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1484971409

burninfuel
01-21-2017, 10:29 AM
Somebody please check out American Angler 202 saltwater boat.
Smoker Craft thick hulled river sled, " brinks truck". Look
I think it's my new retirement boat. 150 Merc with motor pod behind the transom.

stefanoflo
01-21-2017, 04:42 PM
anyone find any deals or save money ????Kindsa makes you wonder for the price to get in and to park if the trip is worth wild .
Granted I did like the seminars.??? and the women in Camo walking around . was Big Dicks Dry rub in the house
had trouble finding that meat rub. seems it sold well last year .
http://bigdicks.rubsandmore.com/

mchao88
01-21-2017, 05:37 PM
This was the first year I went but unfortunately wasn't able to be there as long as I'd have liked too. At any rate, I stumbled upon a guy with a ton of baits that I imagine were in storage for quite some years because the packaging looked pretty old however the lures themselves were looked well intact. So I grabbed a handful of sabikis and he had a ton of River 2 Sea Swim baits for $1 but I had just recently stocked up on swim baits...boo. Also, fisherman's warehouse had a huge lot of 1/2 oz. bucktail jigs that were $1 each. Also, there were a couple of guys selling heat wrapped hard baits (lipless cranks, jerkbaits, poppers, and spooks) that I didn't purchase but I believe they were 2 for six. What they did have was a pack of 3 1 oz tungsten punching weights that they were selling for 2 for $6. I inspected each sinker before buying for burrs and such of which all were in decent condition. Ended up just sticking with two packs. Overall, pretty decent haul but I imagine I'd have spent more money had I been there much longer. Was able to check out the first half of Nick Smith's (informative fisherman) seminar but the guys I was with wanted to check out the rest of the place so they opted out soon. Pretty fun but I think I'll be coming next year with a much larger budget...lol.

PapaGreg
01-21-2017, 05:49 PM
Bought the buy three get one free Ahi jig at Sacremento Pro Tackle, not a great saving, but still a deal. Probably would have bought more, but I spent $10.00 for a $1.50 beer and $8.00 for a .50 cent hot dog.:witless:

LONO100
01-21-2017, 06:07 PM
Fishermans warehouse had 3 dollar bomber trolling lures, 2 dollar 3/4 oz kastmasters and they were doing a buy 1 get one free on shimano crucial rods. The phenix booth was doing 4 for 10 bucks on river 2 sea lures too. Dont know how long the good lures lasted through all that but i managed to get a few.

CAL.NDN
01-21-2017, 07:19 PM
I give a good shout out to the sniffer booth. Wes , Darren , Cal good to see you guys and thanks you guys rock. I did well spent 330 to support the economy and help the booths out. Hey after all that's why I work right to spend. And when you haven't been fishing in 7 weeks mind you the longest in 9 years I went without wetting a line, was a great day to spend the day. Was a good event and looked like a great turn out.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

CAL.NDN
01-21-2017, 08:20 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170122/030e3567b3e7a8756e4072f8ccfe81cb.jpg

AnglingWes
01-21-2017, 09:17 PM
Good chatting with you cal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CAL.NDN
01-21-2017, 09:29 PM
Same to you Wes. Good to see the booth was always busy when I came by tried not to bug you guys for to long. Now we need get out and get some fish before Lurker catches them all.

stefanoflo
01-21-2017, 09:29 PM
unless you don`t have a tackle shop at home or in you Garage and you need stuff , you might find a good deal and save . But Im sure most already have a few hundred rods and few thousand yards of line and 100 LBS tackle and hard-bait and a boat or 2 , if not last years fishing Kayak that was on sale before the one you bought the year before that kayak ..
Well at least fishing tackle Won`t mold like bread and cheese . so it will keep for your kids ,grandkids as well
as generations afterwards.

redneckpunk
01-21-2017, 10:20 PM
Was about time to finally meet you Chris. You certainly had a haul, with both hands full, when I last saw you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dsa2780
01-21-2017, 10:21 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170122/030e3567b3e7a8756e4072f8ccfe81cb.jpg

What rods are those Chris? Look a little heavy for Shad lol

CAL.NDN
01-21-2017, 10:29 PM
What rods are those Chris? Look a little heavy for Shad lol
I took your advice got me the guide select swimbait rod 1-6 Oz couple these 7 inch glides and some 9 inch swimbaits and fenwick eagle med heavy for my 3/4 Oz rattle traps. I already have a powell but another rod never hurts https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170122/9e240cf2706bec84237748c8cb61fa72.jpg you always swear by them rods so I had to get one :)

CAL.NDN
01-21-2017, 10:34 PM
Was about time to finally meet you Chris. You certainly had a haul, with both hands full, when I last saw you

Hell RNP was long time in the making sure was good to finally meet and greet. . Yea I was like a kid in candy store that's why the wife said only take 300 she knows me I said hey babe I need the big credit card today but I might come home with a North river or Klamath and monthly payment so needles to say she said he'll no I know you take the 3 and your 2 Lil credit cards and don't spend to much. And I did good. Only spent cash and didn't use the cards

CAL.NDN
01-21-2017, 10:38 PM
Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
I brought her home something so she was happy after being together 17 years I know it's the Lil things that make them happy.

dsa2780
01-21-2017, 10:50 PM
More gear is always good! I've been fighting urges to add more to my collection with all of this downtime of not being on the ester. Hope you like that rod, goes well with a curado 300 if you got one.

Anyone see the tactical bassin dudes seminar? Bummed I couldn't get over there to see it.

CAL.NDN
01-21-2017, 11:02 PM
No I didn't see it was to busy Bull**** with everyone and me and cousins trying to out spend one another of course Bubba had to out do us and spend over 5 hundred lol. No curado. 300 right now but probably get me one for now it has,a lexa 300 on it ;) yep feels like a sweet rod for sure for the price 124 can't complain.

Kimochou
01-22-2017, 07:41 AM
If anyone needs or knows someone who needs a ticket for today, I have an extra (free) one... Before 10am in ticketing area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

rvbankman
01-22-2017, 07:47 AM
Let's see....I got a whole mess of lures and hooks at Fisherman's Warehouse, a three year subscription to FS (and all the goodies that came with it,) and a headache and backache from dealing with the crowds. Can't wait 'til next year...:smile-new:

redneckpunk
01-23-2017, 01:35 AM
Was a long weekend for sure. Spent Friday with sportygirl wandering the show and visiting with friends and even sitting through a seminar, but we spent little to nothing on new stuff. Saturday and Sunday were spent "working" in the Tight Lines Guide Service booth swapping fish stories with past clients and convincing new ones to book a trip. But I have to say, I spent more time discussing and describing the use of flashers and cut plugs in the River for salmon. At least half the visitors to the booth were there to have questions answered.

Was great seeing Sniffers and finally getting to meet some of you for the first time.

Polebrother
01-23-2017, 11:23 AM
Renewed my FishSniffer membership for three years and brought home the useful goodies that came with the deal. I also made a "handshake" deal on a new boat after eyeballing and touching competing models at the show. Hope to have my 2017 Lund Tyee 1900 delivered, outfitted, and water worthy in time to troll for stripers during the upcoming spring run on the Delta. Shoutout to my 2004 16ft Tracker Walk-Thru Targa which has served me well on the rivers and lakes for the last 12 years. But its lack of space and lack of power, coupled with recent irritating and barely manageable leaks, finally prompted a self-actualized need to upgrade. Looking forward to making new memories on Cali waterways, to include putting my grandsons on hot striper bites with all three of them in the boat at the same time.

Sidebar: I've gone to the Sacramento ISE for the last several years and have found it increasingly difficult to navigate as a senior with two artificial knees. In my opinion, the event could be much more "senior-friendly". For example, a continuous parking lot shuttle to transport disabled persons between their cars and the main pedestrian gate would be a humane and much-appreciated gesture. And, as many of you know, ISE exhibits, booths, etc. are spread over a very large area. Last year I was able to rent a motorized electric cart at the main entry point that made it easy for me to see most of what the ISE had to offer. This year, however, Cal Expo leadership decided to not offer the electric carts which led to me having to walk and ultimately seeing less than half of what the show had to offer. Just wondering if there are others who believe the ISE should do more to accommodate seniors and/or disabled persons. End of rant.

LONO100
01-23-2017, 01:24 PM
Renewed my FishSniffer membership for three years and brought home the useful goodies that came with the deal. I also made a "handshake" deal on a new boat after eyeballing and touching competing models at the show. Hope to have my 2017 Lund Tyee 1900 delivered, outfitted, and water worthy in time to troll for stripers during the upcoming spring run on the Delta. Shoutout to my 2004 16ft Tracker Walk-Thru Targa which has served me well on the rivers and lakes for the last 12 years. But its lack of space and lack of power, coupled with recent irritating and barely manageable leaks, finally prompted a self-actualized need to upgrade. Looking forward to making new memories on Cali waterways, to include putting my grandsons on hot striper bites with all three of them in the boat at the same time.

Sidebar: I've gone to the Sacramento ISE for the last several years and have found it increasingly difficult to navigate as a senior with two artificial knees. In my opinion, the event could be much more "senior-friendly". For example, a continuous parking lot shuttle to transport disabled persons between their cars and the main pedestrian gate would be a humane and much-appreciated gesture. And, as many of you know, ISE exhibits, booths, etc. are spread over a very large area. Last year I was able to rent a motorized electric cart at the main entry point that made it easy for me to see most of what the ISE had to offer. This year, however, Cal Expo leadership decided to not offer the electric carts which led to me having to walk and ultimately seeing less than half of what the show had to offer. Just wondering if there are others who believe the ISE should do more to accommodate seniors and/or disabled persons. End of rant.

i think the entire world needs to be more accommodating to the disabled and seniors!

sportygirl
01-23-2017, 01:42 PM
Was a long weekend for sure. Spent Friday with sportygirl wandering the show and visiting with friends and even sitting through a seminar, but we spent little to nothing on new stuff. Saturday and Sunday were spent "working" in the Tight Lines Guide Service booth swapping fish stories with past clients and convincing new ones to book a trip. But I have to say, I spent more time discussing and describing the use of flashers and cut plugs in the River for salmon. At least half the visitors to the booth were there to have questions answered.

Was great seeing Sniffers and finally getting to meet some of you for the first time.

We bought beer [emoji23][emoji481][emoji481]. So didn't have money left [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redneckpunk
01-23-2017, 09:17 PM

I was going to ask you on your other thread if you found what you were looking for. Can't wait to see you out there trolling with that slick new ride. If you have it delivered before April 8, we'd be glad to help you break it in at the Purple Heart Anglers Brannan Island event. [emoji41]

Polebrother
01-24-2017, 10:10 PM
Definitely looking forward to participating in this year's Purple Heart Anglers striper event for veterans, new boat or old. Have done so three out of the last four years and always enjoy putting fellow veterans on Delta stripers. Hope our rivers are fishable early April.

rvbankman
01-25-2017, 10:24 PM
...Just wondering if there are others who believe the ISE should do more to accommodate seniors and/or disabled persons...
Amen brother! It would be great if they at least provided airport-like golf carts for us less agile folks, from the parking lot to the main pavilion and back to the parking lot.

I don't normally go on Saturdays, but had no choice this year. Fortunately I got there 30 minutes before opening, and was the first one at the FishSniffer booth. Those first 2 hours at the Pavilion were great, lot's of room and didn't have to side-step all the groups of lookiloos stopping in the middle of the aisle. I didn't even bother checking out the hunting/camping sections because of the crowds and having to make the long walk back to the parking lot.