PDA

View Full Version : Trout Magnet Fishing

panther
01-22-2017, 11:01 AM
Each year I like to try something I haven't done before, and add "one more tool to my toolbox". The Trout Magnet system looks interesting...2 lb. line, 2lb. fluorocarbon leader tied to main line, long rod, 1/32 oz.split tail Trout Magnet, and little snap-on float. I can see it working well in streams that are at least 3 or 4 feet deep. How about in lakes?
Does anyone have experience with Trout Magnets in streams or lakes?

SuperDave
01-22-2017, 11:42 AM
I had great luck with them trolling for Kokes but rigged a little differently. I'm always trying to think outside the box and try new stuff too.

CAL.NDN
01-22-2017, 03:41 PM
Trout magnets are one the most deadly producers for truck trout in lakes cruising the shore. But I tie directly to the main line and use a shorter rod 6' range and just jig ,twitch them. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Jfitalia
01-22-2017, 06:11 PM
I don't personally like them and I have much better success with a Mijos minnow, and trout king jigs. Stick with 1/32, 1/16 and 1/64 heads, tip your jigs with a meal worm

CAL.NDN
01-22-2017, 07:16 PM
Yea J I do like them mijos a lot but this was asking about magnets. Cousin used magnets today I used Mijos minows sure love that action on them.

Jfitalia
01-23-2017, 01:59 AM
Yea J I do like them mijos a lot but this was asking about magnets. Cousin used magnets today I used Mijos minows sure love that action on them.

I like the custom colors too. He made me a purple that's legit

Skypig
01-23-2017, 06:22 AM
I've used them successfully with shad. Find the right color and they can be pretty deadly.

panther
01-23-2017, 10:53 AM
Thanks for all the feedback. I don't know anything about Mijos Minnows, but I'll check them out.

Captain Compassion
01-23-2017, 07:34 PM
Does anyone have experience with Trout Magnets in streams or lakes?

No. But I do have lots of experience with 1/32 tube jigs which are pretty much the same thing. I like Berkley Atomic Tubes and Trout Traps. 90% of all the trout I catch in rivers and streams come on these. I have used them to good effect in lakes for crusing bows to over 12 pounds. I usually fish the by themselves or with a split shot to keep them down in higher flows. I do use them with a bobber in rivers and have had luck bobber fishing them for LCT in Pyramid. Amazing lures.

CC