PDA

View Full Version : Braid question

CrappieJed
02-07-2017, 10:13 PM
Is there invisabraid line or any braid that is somewhat invisible like fluorocarbon

AnglingWes
02-07-2017, 10:30 PM
Flouro is invisible under water because it refracts light. Braid does not refract, so it's never doing to disappear completely like flouro. However, green or dark braid absorbs light instead of reflecting it, so it is less visible in stained water. In gin clear water, braid can spook skittish fish.

For many of the fish that are targeted using braid, like bass, stripers, salmon, lings, etc, the fish are more aggressive by nature and aren't spooked by the presence of the line. You could probably get away with bright pink, glow in the dark line.

If you are fishing in very clear water for less aggressive fish, stick with flouro or at least a flouro leader on a braid mainline.

redneckpunk
02-07-2017, 11:34 PM
Flouro is invisible under water because it refracts light. Braid does not refract, so it's never doing to disappear completely like flouro. However, green or dark braid absorbs light instead of reflecting it, so it is less visible in stained water. In gin clear water, braid can spook skittish fish.

For many of the fish that are targeted using braid, like bass, stripers, salmon, lings, etc, the fish are more aggressive by nature and aren't spooked by the presence of the line. You could probably get away with bright pink, glow in the dark line.

If you are fishing in very clear water for less aggressive fish, stick with flouro or at least a flouro leader on a braid mainline.

+1. Striper and bass don't care. I've used high via yellow with no issues and I have several reels currently spooled with pink. Depending on conditions I will tie direct without a leader and never witnessed any shyness.

Seon
02-08-2017, 04:56 AM
Is there invisabraid line or any braid that is somewhat invisible like fluorocarbon

Yes there is but I haven't seen it http://www.ifish.net/board/images/smilies/tongue.gif .

AnglingWes
02-08-2017, 06:41 AM
Spider wire makes a clear braid.

http://www.spiderwire.com/spiderwire-line-superline-spiderwire-ultracast/spiderwire-ultracast-invisi-braid/1360887.html

CrappieJed
02-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Jigging for trophy browns I use the green braid and fluorocarbon leader. Sometimes those big guys are deep even below summer
thermocline. I need be very stealth while having no stretch. I will check out the spider wire clear. Thx

Cj

maulich
02-09-2017, 11:45 PM
Anyone spooled a baitcaster with this stuff? Curious how it handles......Casting,flipping,pitching.....etc

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk