PDA

View Full Version : Oroville Lake question???

stefanoflo
02-13-2017, 05:27 PM
Oroville lake had a hole in the spillway last week, they then had the Emergence sillway in affect over this Past weekend , since then the water had lowered but the Emergency spillway is now being fix due to decaying of the soil being washed downstream because it had never came into affect after all these years , So far I hope I`m correct in my assessment.
My question is
Did they ever fix that Hole in the spillway and why would they leave the Emergency spill way covered in dirt than in a layer of Cement or Rock and it can`t be that they didn't`t think the Emergency spillway would be needed ??, because they did make one?? just for that reason . so what gives???I hope its gets better but Im always wonder what they build what they build and why when something happens that they are dumbfounded by it???

PS .....
I was told that the Emergence Spillway had trees and that they pulled them out to avoid having trees crash into the river and causing a flood , so they pulled them out , loosed the dirt in the process and now have erosion like we have currently being fixed .

IronClad
02-13-2017, 06:13 PM
No they havent fixed the main spillway. They are currently still dumping 100,000 CFS through it to drop the lake 50 feet.

stefanoflo
02-13-2017, 10:29 PM
No they havent fixed the main spillway. They are currently still dumping 100,000 CFS through it to drop the lake 50 feet.

I hope that does not create another situation.

IronClad
02-13-2017, 10:30 PM
I hope that does not create another situation.

They have basically hit bedrock so there is not much else for the water to cut through