PDA

View Full Version : Glow bugs

bub1931
02-16-2017, 01:14 PM
So I just got back from a Smtih River Steelhead trip and on the first day we were on anchor using what I belive they called Glow Bugs. Has anyone tried this when trolling for trout. I normal use the go to rapalas, spoons, etc.

Though I might try these next time I go out trolling for trout. Anyone use them. would you try them by themselves or maybe behind flashers or a dodger?

Just wondering

Plug-n-Jug
02-16-2017, 03:31 PM
So I just got back from a Smtih River Steelhead trip and on the first day we were on anchor using what I belive they called Glow Bugs. Has anyone tried this when trolling for trout. I normal use the go to rapalas, spoons, etc.

Though I might try these next time I go out trolling for trout. Anyone use them. would you try them by themselves or maybe behind flashers or a dodger?

Just wondering

Glow bugs are normally used drifting. Was it just a yarn puff ball tied to a hook? Not sure they would work to well trolling. You never know though. I have trolled with Spin-n-Glow's and had some success. Spin-n-Glows are like a Corky with wings to make it spin.

bub1931
02-16-2017, 05:31 PM
yea that's it I had it wrong it is the spin and glow ones. It was a cork that had wings that spun around. There was a single hook to some small beads to a bright cork that had wings.

Dont know if these are made or can you buy them already made up.

stefanoflo
02-16-2017, 05:37 PM
Spin and glos work trolling and yes thay are made up . but its better making your own with own color hook size and the suck . Glo bugs as they are called , yarn balls or yarnies and might have a problem keeping them down deep. maybe if you put some roe with them or single eggs that look like the yarnie
it can be amazing.some yarnies have an egg loop as well for the roe or shrimp.