PDA

View Full Version : Could use some info

Don - Nevada
02-19-2017, 01:23 PM
We are interested in fishing later this year at Gold Coast, Oregon.We've never been there.Could some info on when to fish there.Could use some info on where to stay. Could use some info on fishing guides.Any info would be sincerely appreciated.

OYD
02-19-2017, 01:44 PM
Check with chartreuse moose on this site and chetco on the other site. Also ask on the forums at ifish.net. That is a mostly Oregon site with some Washingtonites and a few of us outlanders.

salmonid
02-19-2017, 01:48 PM
You probably mean "Gold Beach" at the mouth of the Rogue river?

What do you want to fish for? Fall Chinook is the big fishery in the estuary in late summer.

Don - Nevada
02-19-2017, 03:03 PM
Geez,

I typed Gold Coast when it should have been Gold Beach. Sorry about that.

We are curious about fishing for salmon and steelhead.

Thanks for the replies.

Elsancho
02-19-2017, 07:04 PM
We are interested in fishing later this year at Gold Coast, Oregon.We've never been there.Could some info on when to fish there.Could use some info on where to stay. Could use some info on fishing guides.Any info would be sincerely appreciated.
I've been fishing the rogue river at gold beach for the last 20 years, It is one of my favorite places to fish. Spring run salmon I would target late April-early June. The fall run kings start showing up in good numbers late July thru mid September. Silver salmon mid sept-late oct. the best guide in my opinion is Greg Eide. I've never fished with him, don't know him, he just always seems to be the hot boat. 5 star charters is the boat I use to go rock/ling fishing only ocean guide in town. Great ocean fishing year round with very little ocean pressure, huge rock/lings, he also drops crab pots on the way to the rockfishing grounds and checks them at the end of the day(usually 2-4 dungies per person on a short soak). 5 star chatters is also very good for river salmon fishing.

I like to stay at turtle rock resort (Ocean cottages) very reasonably priced.

Don - Nevada
02-20-2017, 08:49 AM
Many, many thanks for all of the useful info.