PDA

View Full Version : summer camping/fishing spots for 09

young_sac_fisher
01-23-2009, 01:31 AM
hey guys whats going on i used to have a sniffer account bout three years back, but sadly i forgot the password this is a new one, anyways

me and 4 buddies have decided to go camping for a weekend this summer and are going to plan early for it so no one backs out, i just wanted some opinions for good spots to camp but fish at the same time since we all love summer because of the all nighter fishing trips, i was thinking collins lake since rancho seco is usually ran up by a bunch of drunk paisas ;) haha the mexicans know what i mean, but anyways any opinion will help thanks alot :)

nickjew1
01-24-2009, 11:45 AM
indian valley reservoir is a good spot. few years back, i was out there and caught a huge 10 pound catfish, and a 5 pound largemouth. you can be in a very secluded area on the south side of the reservoir. im not too sure how it is now because of the lack of rain; but its an idea.

Troutbum43
02-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Lots of good lakes within striking distance of Sacramento, for camping and fishing my old stomping grounds of Union/Spicer or Highland lakes is very good, Stumpy Meadows past Georgetown is fairly close and also has some excellent fishing in summer, for a real redneck party we used to go to New Melones and night fish for a few days and camp for trout and cats and have some beverages. Some thoughts for you.