PDA

View Full Version : High low rig for shad?

Sac/Striper/Slayer
05-12-2017, 06:40 AM
I was thinking of hitting the AR after work today. The flows are lower and a couple people I know have caught a few. With the flows higher I was thinking of trying putting a snap swivel at the bottom of my line to attach like a 1/2oz slinkie or whatever is necessary and then about 2' up from that have my jig either right on my line or with a 1' of leader. Was thinking maybe I could get and keep the jig where I want it to be longer this way but maybe I am wrong. Thanks for any input!! Tight Lines!

smurf358
05-12-2017, 08:01 AM
I only use split shot n jig head setup on AR or bobber/split shot jig head setup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sac/Striper/Slayer
05-12-2017, 12:18 PM
To me that falls under the gray area they need to explain better. Ive always been told that means you cannot have a weight attached directly to the bottom of your hook because that would mean drop shotting and high low rigs would be illegal anywhere in the state while fishing and that just isn't the case! I just looked it up and section 2.10 is in the general descriptions area and isn't specified just to the AR

smurf358
05-12-2017, 12:59 PM
Been using split shot setup(Carolina rig) for years lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Bigg A
05-12-2017, 03:27 PM
The regular setups are producing fish...no need for anything extra

Sac/Striper/Slayer
05-23-2017, 07:23 AM
I made it out and ended up doing well on normal rigging except i was using a 1/4 oz slinky with like 18" of leader