PDA

View Full Version : Pardee skunked

John_heyd
05-12-2017, 01:32 PM
Arrived at lake today about 6:30 am. Rented boat and headed out to fish the River arm of the lake. Fished for about 5 hours trolling a night crawler with flashers and 1 oz of weight. Did not get even a bite. Fished same area as we did 3 weeks ago when we limited out on 2-3 lbs. fish. Water was high and drift wood chocked the river arm at some places. Trolled all the way back to marina only to discover people at the marina shore fishing were limiting out using PB and lures. Go figure! We were to tired to stay and decided to leave it for another day 😖

bigfin
05-12-2017, 03:20 PM
Arrived at lake today about 6:30 am. Rented boat and headed out to fish the River arm of the lake. Fished for about 5 hours trolling a night crawler with flashers and 1 oz of weight. Did not get even a bite. Fished same area as we did 3 weeks ago when we limited out on 2-3 lbs. fish. Water was high and drift wood chocked the river arm at some places. Trolled all the way back to marina only to discover people at the marina shore fishing were limiting out using PB and lures. Go figure! We were to tired to stay and decided to leave it for another day 😖

Fishing was tough today not sure why but maybe the Full Moon did it . Had one break me off before sunrise , broke the leader , We ended with 5 then threw lures after everyone had left the launch , but they would just follow and not hit go figure . How far up the arm did you go ? Tightlines BF

PapaGreg
05-12-2017, 04:24 PM
John, it was tough all around, unless you wanted to be shoulder to shoulder when they planted! We moved three times to places that have produced in the past for very little. Fish were often visible but not interested in what was being offered. That's why it's called fishing, not catching!

If I had an answer for why some catch and why some don't, I'd be more famous than I am now:cry:!

John_heyd
05-12-2017, 04:26 PM
Fishing was tough today not sure why but maybe the Full Moon did it . Had one break me off before sunrise , broke the leader , We ended with 5 then threw lures after everyone had left the launch , but they would just follow and not hit go figure . How far up the arm did you go ? Tightlines BF
Went up to the big bend which turns right BF. Tough fishing all along the arm due to all the wood in the water. Thought we'd damage the prop if we stayed much longer. Yes we considered the full moon as well plus the high water. Fish were not leaving the marina

bigfin
05-12-2017, 04:32 PM
John, it was tough all around, unless you wanted to be shoulder to shoulder when they planted! We moved three times to places that have produced in the past for very little. Fish were often visible but not interested in what was being offered. That's why it's called fishing, not catching!

If I had an answer for why some catch and why some don't, I'd be more famous than I am now:cry:!

LOL Roundup WeedEater!!!!:friends028hh:Tightlines BF

John_heyd
05-12-2017, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=PapaGreg;1121703]John, it was tough all around, unless you wanted to be shoulder to shoulder when they planted! We moved three times to places that have produced in the past for very little. Fish were often visible but not interested in what was being offered. That's why it's called fishing, not catching!

If I had an answer for why some catch and why some don't, I'd be more famous than I am now:cry:![/QUOTE 🤣 Ya that's what we said. The weather was perfect, beautiful scenery, great fishing, just the catching stunk. Makes it tough when you drive for 1 1/2 hours to get there. Oh well. There will be other days. BTW you must have been one of those people we saw at the ramp with those high stringers. Congrats. 😄

bigfin
05-12-2017, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE=PapaGreg;1121703]John, it was tough all around, unless you wanted to be shoulder to shoulder when they planted! We moved three times to places that have produced in the past for very little. Fish were often visible but not interested in what was being offered. That's why it's called fishing, not catching!

If I had an answer for why some catch and why some don't, I'd be more famous than I am now:cry:![/QUOTE 🤣 Ya that's what we said. The weather was perfect, beautiful scenery, great fishing, just the catching stunk. Makes it tough when you drive for 1 1/2 hours to get there. Oh well. There will be other days. BTW you must have been one of those people we saw at the ramp with those high stringers. Congrats. 😄

That was probably him he has a Green Stringer Made out of Hemp:www_MyEmoticons_com

PapaGreg
05-12-2017, 06:04 PM
John, NO, I wasn't one of those shoulder to shoulder people! In fact, if one was to walk, I was probably farther away from there than most, hell, you probably past us on your way out of the marina in the boat:cry:!

PapaGreg
05-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Bigfin, it might look like hemp, but it's different weed:brains1:!

bigfin
05-12-2017, 06:20 PM
Bigfin, it might look like hemp, but it's different weed:brains1:!

Lol had a great day out there nothin better than laughing and fishining . BF

CrappieJed
05-12-2017, 07:42 PM
It's all about the barometer heavy cloud cover pressure is low fish lock down for a while tomorrow will be a better day

BigUnInDaBoat
05-12-2017, 07:50 PM
Full moon+cooler weather+barometric pressure =

Staying home

CrappieJed
05-12-2017, 08:08 PM
Full moon+cooler weather+barometric pressure =

Staying home
:thumbsup: