PDA

View Full Version : Nicasio

striperoholic
11-29-2008, 12:35 AM
has anyone fished for catfish in nicasio res. i've heard that they have some very nice size catfish Is this true?? if so any advise ??

Jerrdirt
11-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Yes there are big catfish in Nicasio. The only problem I have fishing there is having to deal with ticks.

The_Friskerman
12-02-2008, 02:20 PM
they do have some big cats, I've caught them before with chicken liver, anchovies and mackerel. I prefer to fish the muddier waters but have seen some monster caught in the clear waters.

good luck

Freshwater_J
12-18-2008, 11:50 PM
I use to fish there a lot when I lived in Petaluma... Lots of ticks. out of the 25 plus times I have been there, I caught maybe 4 fish. Biggest one being 9lbs. I have seen some pulled out of there that are pigs, but no luck for me.. I know of a couple good spots for hogs.

Carpopath
12-19-2008, 01:52 PM
they do have some big cats, I've caught them before with chicken liver, anchovies and mackerel.

Ive seen mountain lion tracks there and met someone who saw one up there, thats a big cat good luck reeling them in :o

catfishextremist
12-24-2008, 09:53 AM
about a year ago during the summer, my brother caught a 8# at nicasio on something that cats , not suprisingly, love... blood bait (we use catfish charlie B) mixed with rainbow powerbait. Over the years, the mixture has proven itself to us as the cats just love it in muddy, warm lakes like nicasio!