PDA

View Full Version : Trash on the bankside

Carpopath
09-18-2008, 06:47 AM
As an angler the litter that other so-called anglers leave i cannot get my head around, i try and make an effort to clear a good amount from a reasonable area around where i fish, the less there is the area gets bigger.

BIG_ONE
09-20-2008, 02:31 AM
some of the poll questions are about the same, but anywho...i'll clear the trash even if its not mine, as much as you can ;)

The_Friskerman
09-22-2008, 11:07 AM
I take my trash and pickup after other people. It sucks that the rest of us have to suffer because some people can't clean up after themselves.

It really is a shame. >:(

FisherBoats
09-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Clean Up around me! while fishing, but while walking back to the car and see a significant amount of trash. I usually do what i can to clear it up a bit to make it better looking or harm the fish less....If i have time, cause i fish till late ::)

MB_Kevin
09-22-2008, 08:00 PM
I always take home all my trash and think it is messed up when others don't. I try to take more when it is possible but don't always.

It was really annoying when I went to a small pond by my house that I always am impressed on how clean the area is. There was 5-6 beer bottles floating in it on the weeds. >:( If that many were floating there had to be more that sank. I don't understand how some people were raised. How could you think it would be a good idea to go down to a cool little pond and drink beers and then throw all them in. :-/

riverboi
09-23-2008, 10:25 AM
During the tournament last weekend at Sonoma I saw more floating junk in weedbeds than I've ever seen there before. But at Sonoma there's about a 99% chance its the lake lice and not the fisherman.

shadbuster
09-23-2008, 10:51 AM
The sad thing is that most fishermen are very dirty, because everywhere I go there's tons of trash such as discarded line, empty powerbait jars, etc. I always try to pick up other peoples trash, but there's always more every time I go back.

Hooked Up
09-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Funny, that there is a thread on this, because just last night I told myself, when I return to the spot I was at, that I was going to bring a large garbage bag. It was night time so I'm sure there was twice as more than I could see. It was bad :'(. I'm even going to see if I can bring one of those long 'trash grabbers' and a poker. With extreme caution I will clean because there was a pretty strong smell of urine and a hole-like area that I think was used for taking a dump.

Diego916
10-05-2008, 10:50 AM
People who litter disgust me. I'd seriously like to set up hidden game cameras to take photos of the people and their cars who are leaving it and turn them in. Some of the stuff they dump isn't even environmentally safe and gets into the water supply. A few thousand dollars of strategically placed cameras could get the word that they are being watched and perhaps the idiots doing it would be forced to cut it out.

The most disgusting thing I think I've ever seen was an oil change at a spot. You could see that they simply removed the oil plug, let the old oil drain right there on the ground, filled the car with oil, and then dumped the oil bottles and old oil filter in the grass a few feet away. I can't understand what type of half human retard thinks this type of thing is okay, but I hope they are caught one day and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, imprisoned with the infamous "Bubba," and forced to clean garbage up for the rest of their lives.

Carpopath
10-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Well it looks like there are a few people who care thats good, on another note i went to the spot i have fished on the delta today which we always tried to keep clear of trash it was a losing battle, leave it a few weeks and the trash artists have been back and now to cap it all BEACUASE THE LAND OWNERS GOT SO FED UP WITH THE TRASH THEYVE STOPPED FISHING THERE ALTOGETHER when the hell are the bunch of morons that do this going to get their act together and realise that when land access to places on the delta are going to be GONE FOR GOOD. The amount of places that can be fished from the bank on the delta are minimal compared to the size of it STOP RUINING IT$%^&*(. So i picked up another bag of trash and catfish rigs and bait that the artists deposite , packed my gear away after the sherrif told me about the new situation and left feeling nothing but a mix of anger and hatred towards these lowlifes. >:( Smiley cannot begin to describe how i feel at this moment.

deeretrax
10-21-2008, 10:40 AM
I always take a small kitchen trash bag with me and it's one of the first things replaced in the gear bag for the next time out. I always try and pick up any extra trash laying around.

Vern

sean_mcguire
11-05-2008, 03:21 PM
uurrgghh!! i hate it when im fishing on the bank and i look over and see beer bottles and other types of trash that people can take 3 seconds out of there lives to pick up. >:(
so thats why i clean up my own garbage and sometimes other peoples garbage.
its so RUDE and DISGUSTING!!

okie
11-05-2008, 04:03 PM
i agree with all the posts here, when i bank fish i carry an extra bad for trash, that being said, i think back about my family, just pay attention and i'm not talkin about anybodys family but mine, but i'd bet other families are the same.. how many of you have family members that will get a sode, go to a different room, drink it, set the can down and let it stay there until you or another family member picks it up? if there was only a way to catch these people and report them for littering, unfortunately, it is us responsible people that do what we can to protect the places we like to fish.
have a good day and be safe out there, if we all carry an extra qwalmat bag to fill up on our trips, we can help alot.
bill

foresthill_fishin
11-05-2008, 04:43 PM
You know usaully where I fish its very sacluded and not to many people get back to where I fish but a recent trip up to Oxebow I was just fkn pissed at what i had saw it was a stirafoam ice chest busted up along with a sh!#t load of trash now Some people would just go about fishin and not think twice bout it But I just couldnt I always carry a trash bag for fish trash ect. so i filed it up and packed it up the mountain on my way out..and yes i was cussin the whole way out so long story short the trash cans at Oxebow arent for looks use them THANKS JOEL <((><_-_-_- ;)

Bakkie
11-05-2008, 06:56 PM
I normally try to pick up some trash. I mean, I'm not gonna spend my whole day cleaning up, but I try to get the larger items. We always pick up beer cans when we're deer hunting. The recycled aluminum pays for propane for hot showers. :D ;D ;)

dinos marine
11-26-2008, 12:26 AM
i too pick clean up after ourselves. i also clean up other peoples trash, bottles, cans. the most disgusting thing is the used poopy diapers. i have three kids, and have never left a used diaper. that just is rude >:(
have you seen amador? there is sooo much trash, its a never ending situation. even the trash can at the dock is always overflowing with trash. there are tons of plastic crawler containers, cans, bottles, fishing line, and bobbers up the ying yang. whay are people such pigs? i have seen the vehicles these pigs drive, and the inside looks like sh*t as well.
we also fish the sierras alot, and it amazes me everytime the amount of trash there is in the backwoods.

Carpopath
11-26-2008, 12:40 AM
i too pick clean up after ourselves. i also clean up other peoples trash, bottles, cans. the most disgusting thing is the used poopy diapers. i have three kids, and have never left a used diaper. that just is rude *>:(
have you seen amador? there is sooo much trash, its a never ending situation. even the trash can at the dock is always overflowing with trash. there are tons of plastic crawler containers, cans, bottles, fishing line, and bobbers up the ying yang. whay are people such pigs? i have seen the vehicles these pigs drive, and the inside looks like sh*t as well.
we also fish the sierras alot, and it amazes me everytime the amount of trash there is in the backwoods.

If people in general dont learn, eventually they wont have anywhere to fish and those of us that do care will lose out aswell.

ken_norris
11-27-2008, 11:47 AM
went to the port/deep water canal, seen all the signs, found a spot,pick up the area,cought one keeper,couple of shakers,good time...
Now , its been a couplke of years since iv been fishin and can not belive the the trash that has acumulated on the banks. from an old pro to a future fisher respect trhe waters we fish in or thay will be gone for are kids!!! p.s. Ill be on the banks these next couple of days
with my lady... she loves the place turn out her parents took her here when she was a kid.. lets keep these places a live.. so are kids have storys too....
8-) 8-) 8-)