PDA

View Full Version : Port of Sac

MontanaN8V
11-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Been catching a lot of 12-14 inch cats there at night. Do they get any bigger there, or is that about it?

fisherFREAKking
11-13-2008, 05:13 PM
caught some up to 8 pound in the past.... but now i kind of run into them while striper fishing (mudsucker)biggest this year at the port is 4lb C&R

Phinger28
11-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Ive only caught little ones there :-/. Biggest one ive seen i was one caught by my uncle that went about 4-5 lbs. This is the spot where i caught my first catfish though. A leftover sunbaked clam that a fisherman left behind did the trick.

fishn4me
11-13-2008, 10:10 PM
There are some big ones there but finding them is the hard part. I have caught them up to ten plus pounds out there. I found that suspending my bait under a bobber works better than leaving it on the bottom. As far as choice of bait, I have been using fresh mackeral from the Oriental store. Btw I have released all my fish back. I rarely keep any.

MontanaN8V
11-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Going to hit it again this weekend. Trying for stripers, but the kids love catching cat fish. I found sardines work really good, and have been pinning them on the bottom. I will try the bobber thing, and see how that goes. Any other suggestions?

Phinger28
11-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Last time i was there (3 weeks ago) i seen a few schools of baitfish dimpling the surface near the locke. I think they may have been shad. I didnt see anything busting them but im sure there were some stripes around. Sardine, shad, mackerel, or anchovie should all do fine.

sHoRe_fAnAtIc
11-14-2008, 02:14 PM
There's usually a ton of bait activity during dusk hours this time of year... I usually see lots of delta smelt along with some shad...