PDA

View Full Version : Ice House

toomanyhobbies
05-30-2017, 07:57 PM
Did a little work to the old outboard last week which means a test drive was in order. Headed up to Ice House Monday afternoon hoping to avoid the crowds. Was promptly greeted by a thunderstorm. After the storm passed I headed out on the water for a little test and tune and of course some fishing. Lake was perfect, only a few kayaks and one other boat. Only fished topwater as I just wasn't in the mood to mess around with down riggers. Caught 3 lost 1 and had a several more hits. No hold overs just fresh planters 10-13in range. Wiggle hoochie behind a watermelon dodger caught 2, wedding ring with crawler behind dodger and a neon orange needlefish behind flashers. Off the water before 8, boat runs great and now planes again so all in all not a bad afternoon .

bwhiting1990
05-31-2017, 09:15 PM
Thats good to hear that the fish are biting. I am going up there at the end of June with the family and am planning of fishing a bit from my kayak. I will have to keep in mind what you used and hopefully it will work out a little bit for me too lol.

Jfitalia
06-02-2017, 07:29 AM
Did a little work to the old outboard last week which means a test drive was in order. Headed up to Ice House Monday afternoon hoping to avoid the crowds. Was promptly greeted by a thunderstorm. After the storm passed I headed out on the water for a little test and tune and of course some fishing. Lake was perfect, only a few kayaks and one other boat. Only fished topwater as I just wasn't in the mood to mess around with down riggers. Caught 3 lost 1 and had a several more hits. No hold overs just fresh planters 10-13in range. Wiggle hoochie behind a watermelon dodger caught 2, wedding ring with crawler behind dodger and a neon orange needlefish behind flashers. Off the water before 8, boat runs great and now planes again so all in all not a bad afternoon .

Fresh planters? When was that lake planted last? Sly park hasnt been stocked since March of last year.

redneckpunk
06-02-2017, 11:26 AM
Fresh planters? When was that lake planted last? Sly park hasnt been stocked since March of last year.

According to DFW planting schedule, Ice House was the week of May 21

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spoolin01
06-07-2017, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the report, good to know.