PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerate cornmeal bait?

MB_Kevin
10-03-2008, 06:33 PM
I've made the cornmeal carp bait a couple of times. It has worked great but I have used it right after making it. I have thrown the leftovers in the fridge. It comes out crumbly and I don't think it would stay on the hook. Am I supposed to be just putting it in a zip lock bag and leaving it out? I would like it to be able to last until the next trip if possible.

fisherFREAKking
10-03-2008, 07:00 PM
good question there ...if u refrigerate it ...the corn meal lose its stickyness and would crumble...you can microwave it an add little morre cornmeal wit sugar to support while the batch is still hot so it will look like new i forgot it been a while snice i did that.......but if you plan on going back the next day its best to just leave it out remember sticky is alwasie best for carp wit alot of sweet flavor ..one thing i learn from the older people use pepsi to moisten an add flavor after a while your bait get a little hard ..zip lock bag keep it moist..if you talkin about 3 to 4 day threw it away start to mold an smeelllllll bad haha

BIG_ONE
10-03-2008, 11:36 PM
use a ziplock bag, don't let it out contacting with any air circulation at all, it'll dried up real simple. also when using ziplock bag, make sure you get the air out of it also for best result if your going to leave it in the fridge for a while. plastic bags at the store works well also, just cover up your ball of cornmeal and it'll do just fine. i still got mine from 2 months ago ;D :D

Finesse
10-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Fresh is the way to go in my opinion, its not like it cost a lot of money to make it fresh. You can refrigerate but I recommend tupperware not ziploks. The smells from your left overs can seep into the bags and penetrate you dough. Carp are very picky and I doubt they like cornmeal and whatever you had for dinner the night before. Also sticky is not "always" good, you want your bait to break down so they can suck it in. But that's just my opinion off my results I'm sure people have done well off really sticky gooey baits and swear by nothing else. All waters are different, aswell as Carp. I hope this helps a little.

Tight Lines!
Sean

BIG_ONE
10-11-2008, 05:46 AM
Fresh is the way to go in my opinion, its not like it cost a lot of money to make it fresh. You can refrigerate but I recommend tupperware not ziploks. The smells from your left overs can seep into the bags and penetrate you dough. Carp are very picky and I doubt they like cornmeal and whatever you had for dinner the night before. Also sticky is not "always" good, you want your bait to break down so they can suck it in. But that's just my opinion off my results I'm sure people have done well off really sticky gooey baits and swear by nothing else. All waters are different, aswell as Carp. I hope this helps a little.

Tight Lines!
Sean

your correct, but not quite

if your dough breaks down, they will just peck at it, and they are darn a lot more clever than our human mind.

but like you said...works at different location *;)

fisherFREAKking
10-11-2008, 07:43 AM
ahhaha trust meeh bait doesnt matter cornmeal or not these fish are trash feeder arite aghhahha ..............THESE FISH DONT TAKE ANY SKILL AT ALL I SAY IT AGAIN NO SKILL INVOLVED AT ALL MY FRIEND ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
im not lying cornmeal HANDS DOWN ;) ;D ;D ;D ::)

BIG_ONE
10-11-2008, 10:14 AM
ahhaha trust meeh bait doesnt matter cornmeal or not these fish are trash feeder arite aghhahha ..............THESE FISH DONT TAKE ANY SKILL AT ALL I SAY IT AGAIN NO SKILL INVOLVED AT ALL MY FRIEND *;D *;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
im not lying cornmeal HANDS DOWN *;) ;D ;D ;D ::)

yeah you don't need any skill at, all you do is wait until your rod drowns ;D ;D ;D

Finesse
10-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Not quite?

lol....

The lakes I fish I tend to have better results using my dough that breaks down with plastic maize on a hair rig. They suck the plastic corn up as they inhale the pile of dough. Not sure how you say not quite, there are many ways to fish for Carp and not only one type of dough works everywhere. As I stated before all lakes are different and I was only offering a second or third look at it.

Tight lines!
Sean

Carpopath
10-12-2008, 09:52 AM
yeah you don't need any skill at, all you do is wait until your rod drowns *;D ;D ;D[/quote]

How long with with the wrong bait in the wrong place ;D ;D ;D

No skill?

fisherFREAKking
10-12-2008, 02:10 PM
yeah carp you donnt needddd skilllll kuzes the fish will hook itself andd yes if you have the wrong bait it will be a disapointment bbuutt even though wit the wrong bait ...you still can catch fish but not as many

MB_Kevin
10-12-2008, 07:43 PM
OK so what about in this situation. Im going to be leaving to go out on a house boat at lake Shasta. Im leaving on Friday afternoon so I would have to make it on Thursday if I have time. I will put it in a ziplock with out air. I will be using it on Friday night- Sunday night. Should I put it in the Ice chest or fridge up there or just leave it out in the bag for the trip?

BIG_ONE
10-13-2008, 11:17 PM
OK so what about in this situation. *Im going to be leaving to go out on a house boat at lake Shasta. *Im leaving on Friday afternoon so I would have to make it on Thursday if I have time. *I will put it in a ziplock with out air. *I will be using it on Friday night- Sunday night. *Should I put it in the Ice chest or fridge up there or just leave it out in the bag for the trip?

either way will do just fine, just don't freeze it and don't leave it out somewhere hot as it will soften up really bad. you can even use a grocery plastic bag and just put it in there, works as good as ziplock, and good luck out there ;) :D

scorpion
10-31-2008, 06:41 PM
ahhaha trust meeh bait doesnt matter cornmeal or not these fish are trash feeder arite aghhahha ..............THESE FISH DONT TAKE ANY SKILL AT ALL I SAY IT AGAIN NO SKILL INVOLVED AT ALL MY FRIEND *;D *;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
im not lying cornmeal HANDS DOWN *;) ;D ;D ;D ::)

Please send me your email adresses guys, if you guys are so good at catching carp , *and it so easy with no skill required, maybe you should be entering some of the high dollar carp competitions that are starting to happen in the US. ;D ;D

Come along and show us how easy it is to catch them, you could get yourself a few thousand dollars by doing that. ;D ;D

MB_Kevin
10-31-2008, 10:08 PM
Please send me your email adresses guys, if you guys are so good at catching carp , *and it so easy with no skill required, maybe you should be entering some of the high dollar carp competitions that are starting to happen in the US. ;D ;D

Come along and show us how easy it is to catch them, you could get yourself a few thousand dollars by doing that. ;D ;D

Well there is MinnowMagnets future job. :D