PDA

View Full Version : Advice appreciated on Catfishing at Clearlake

Pinoleman
10-23-2008, 10:05 AM
WIll be taking the gregor to Clearlake this weekend for the second weekend in a row to target catfish. Went last weekend and bought some minnows from Lakeshore Bait Shop , Launced near the bait shop , shot straight accross the lake for about 5 minutes *to Bass Alley ? *in 12 feet of water, threw the minnows out on slider rigs and drifed with them a couple feet off the bottow for a few hours for nada. Any advice anyone can give me would be apprecitated. Have my dad with me and would be nice to hook into some fish since he hasnt been in a boat fishin with me in 20 years. Thanks.

knotgillty
10-24-2008, 03:32 PM
You have a private message

MB_Kevin
10-24-2008, 07:51 PM
I would listen to whatever KnotGillty said. He has alot of experience there!

Berryessa Kid
10-25-2008, 03:17 PM
I like that 8-) Fellow sniffer hooked up with the 411 and the lurkers left scratching :-/ ;D ;D Good luck to you and your father Pinoleman!!! Steve.

Pinoleman
10-27-2008, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the info Knotgillty. Didnt get a chance to try that this time but will next trip. Plenty more trips to come. Were working on some property in Lower Lake and are 15 minutes from the Launch Ramp. We got to the lake late saturday after working on the house all day and the bait shop was closed so had to buy bait from a liquor store. Fished for a few hours with nightcrawlers and clams but no takers. Ive seen photos of giants cats coming out of clearlake and thats what Im hoping for some day. Did mark some fish on the new fishfinder and every time there were fish on the screen there were what looked like huge blobs of bait right next to the fish. Thanks Again.