PDA

View Full Version : Uvas 9/27 Night fishing

bigdaddy68768
09-28-2008, 12:33 PM
After missing out on the Journey tickets I had ....I decided to head out with the 'ol man and a buddy for some night fishing. Water is getting low again, but not nearly as bad as it was this time last year! Started out with Jumbo minnows and crawlers in an attempt for a good cat.......30 min went by and out of the blue my pole was doubled over and just as quickly went limp......past experience at this lake would point to that was a big boy and it was a carp......another hour went by with no bite. Changed up the baits.....Uncle Josh bait co. put out a new bait series for carp.....its a type of corn dough that sticks well right out of the jar and smells of sweetness and corn....so i thought what the heck? why not? .....turns out it works.....20 min soak and I had another carp slam my rod when I was re-rigging the other rod w/ a crawler. 20 more min and I had another hit....fish on this time.....hit it nice but didn't put up much of a fight....turned out to be a 6" sunfish! lol ......had to hand it to the 'lil guy for trying! another 45 went by and I caught a 9" cat on the corn dough. As of this point, no one else was catching.....then the lantern died down for a few minutes and I recited "they're gonna start biting now" lol ....and sure enough......I had another huge hit and immediately after my dad's pole got doubled over, but the fish was hooked this time.......so I handed him the rod and he fought it for a good 10 min we brought it in and it was a healthy 24" cat....caught on a nightcrawler about 25' off the shore. all in all a good night! would like to head out again next weekend.....hope this is helpful....TIGHT LINES!

sacfishinfool
09-28-2008, 12:50 PM
What lake was this?

MB_Kevin
09-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Uncle Josh bait, I had gotten that and didn't have any luck with it. Now that I have been making my own I was wondering about that because that one stayed good forever. I might buy another tub of it when I see it just to have It the tackle box. Thanks for the report. I don't think I gave it another chance.

UltraFace
09-30-2008, 03:06 PM
lol i was at that journey show for free....cause i had to work there...on the ben and jerry's truck serving ice cream. ya it wasnt that great for me, id rather have been fishing, i want to catch some carp ive been having no luck with those guys.

dino
10-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Hey bigD68768, what side of the lake were you on, and also north or south? I don't want you to give out your exact location but the general area would be nice, if that's ok. I was out there with some friends over a month ago and we did not get even a nibble. We were using liver, shrimp and night crawlers. We were about 300 yards north of the dam on the far side of the lake. Thanks in advance.

riverboi
10-01-2008, 08:56 AM
I've seen that Uncle Josh's stuff and always wondered if it worked. I've never carp fished but I definitely want to. Good catch on that cat.

bigdaddy68768
10-03-2008, 05:35 PM
BadBass...I don't mind giving the exact location.....I can't catch 'em all ;) If you're coming from san jose.....its the 3rd turnout on the left......it'll have a bunch of trees and a trash can and fee sign ....I walked down to the right by the flatter ground at the mouth of the cove ....all the fish I catch aren't that far off the shore, 15-35 yds from the shore.....use as light of a weight as you can get away with and be patient but be alert because you may not get a bite for 25-45 min but out of the blue something will hit like a freight train and you'd better be prepared, lol. Night crawlers by themselves work great....make sure you hook it straight.....corn or the corn dough are good bets as well....I have tried all the usual baits and haven't had much success with them......if you don't get a hit within an hour, re-bait and re-cast.....hope this helps..TIGHT LINES!!!

dino
10-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Bigdaddy...Hey thanks for the response on the location and tips. I will give it a shot this weekend. Hopefully I'll have something good to report.

SetTheHookMinistry
10-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Uncle Josh bait, I had gotten that and didn't have any luck with it. *Now that I have been making my own I was wondering about that because that one stayed good forever. *I might buy another tub of it when I see it just to have It the tackle box. *Thanks for the report. *I don't think I gave it another chance.
Hey M B, where do I find this Uncle Josh Bait near Woodland,thanks

MB_Kevin
10-07-2008, 04:01 PM
I wish I knew. I had gotten it at wal-mart a few years back. I went one the other day to pick some up and It didn't have it. >:( ;D

I'm going to check another one because it was not that long ago I seen it. The one I had didn't come in a bag it came in a white plastic container and stayed good for a long time in the tackle box. If anyone knows post it up! I also want to find some more.

MB_Kevin
10-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Here is what the container looked like so you can look for it in stores.

http://www.tackletour.com/images/picunclejoshcarp1.jpg

bigdaddy68768
10-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Coyote Bait and Tackle has it and they have several other new interesting baits imported from the UK but they have a hefty price tag on them......