PDA

View Full Version : carp bait??

sean_mcguire
10-08-2008, 06:33 PM
what is the best way to make carp bait that actually stays on the hook?
Ive tried corn meal with honey a little beer and Doritos. but every time i trie4d to put it on the hook it would fall of every time i would try to cast out.
any suggestions??? :-?

fisherFREAKking
10-08-2008, 06:42 PM
too much water that why dont nneeed beer trying to get the fish drunk haha add something else it will do you alot better

Jeff213
10-08-2008, 07:14 PM
My carp bait usually doesn't stay on the hook too well either. I have to cast it with a pendulum cast and no weight.

MB_Kevin
10-08-2008, 07:46 PM
There are alot of recipes on the FAQ thread on the top of this board. *The one I made worked great but I used it shortly after making it. *After a few days in the fridge it didn't seem to stay on well.

This is the one I used then added in some syrup and more sugar.

Doughball Delight

Blend together 1 cup of water, 1 1/2 tbsp. vanilla, 1 tbsp. honey, and 4 tbsp. sugar in a medium-sized pot, over medium heat.

When mixture starts to boil, slowly sprinkle in 1 cup of yellow cornmeal.

Stir mixture quickly and thoroughly for about 3 min. until it becomes a firm doughy consistency. Remove from heat and put dough on a dinner plate. Press the dough flat and let it cool for 1 or 2 min. then turn it over and let the other side cool. Work the dough in your hand for a minute, then place it in a plastic bag and seal it.

Finesse
10-08-2008, 08:03 PM
3 cups of corn meal
1 cup of sugar
I packet of strawberry jello
Mix with one can of corn juice and distilled water as needed to make firm enough to stay on the hook, remember less is more with the water. Get in it and mix it well.
This is the basic recipe, you can play with it as need be. You can add peanut oil or just peanut butter also.

Hope that halps
Sean

Carpopath
10-08-2008, 08:47 PM
use beaten egg instead of water, it binds better and doesnt break down as quick if you want it to last longer roll into little balls and dip them in boiling water for a couple of minutes.

MinnowMagnet
10-10-2008, 09:19 AM
boil hard maize. Flavor it if you want, but it works great unflavored. Use it on a hair rig.

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/9863/pict0003jb7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BIG_ONE
10-10-2008, 03:10 PM
ahh yes, the cornmeal has return onto this forum...PM me for tips :D ;)

fisherFREAKking
10-11-2008, 07:48 AM
haha BIGONE IS RITE PM MEEH LOL

BIG_ONE
10-11-2008, 10:13 AM
haha BIGONE IS RITE PM MEEH LOL

;D ;D ;D

fool4fish
10-19-2008, 02:58 PM
hey 101, i see your new to the board. welcome aboard. you know i have never fished for carp, nor have i ever caught one, but if i were to fish for carp, i would throw on a nice piece of rib eye steak, marinated in a nice lemon and wine sauce with some cracked pepper corns. Then attach a large baked potato with lots and lots of sour cream and butter. and to really get me...i mean the carp to bite, i would add some freshly picked garden vegetable for a fresh garden salad and pour some champagne dressing all over it. throw in a nice bottle of red wine as a teaser. not sure if this will work, not even sure if this will all fit on your hook! and if it doesn't just give me a call and i will eat it!!! good luck 101! say hi to your mom for me. fool4fish