PDA

View Full Version : Best time for carp?

nickjew1
09-06-2008, 02:56 PM
i've never gone fishing for carp, and i'd like to know whens the best season, and time of day to go fishing for carp. thanks

MB_Kevin
09-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Welcome to the boards. Im usually fishing for other stuff during the day so I like to fish for them at night. Time of year might depend on the water you are fishing but I just caught one the other day and if you look at Minnow Magnets post he just got a bunch.

BIG_ONE
09-06-2008, 08:01 PM
lakes = all year
rivers = long gone ;D wait till next year may-aug :D

nickjew1
09-06-2008, 08:29 PM
alright thanks guys. i hear minnow hole, on the sacramento river is a great place, but will it be bad right now?

BIG_ONE
09-06-2008, 08:36 PM
alright thanks guys. i hear minnow hole, on the sacramento river is a great place, but will it be bad right now?

its really really dead by now from what i've notice, last august was the last hit for carp, you might land one here and there this time of year, but its going to be a dead challenge and a heck of a day to even get one to tap on your bait *;D

sacfishinfool
09-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Where is "minnow hole?"

sHoRe_fAnAtIc
09-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Try the smaller sloughs. They've been kickn out some nice size carps and cats. (i.e. areas towards Knights Landing)

dbass
09-10-2008, 12:35 PM
BIG_ONE link=1220741783/0#2 date=1220760102]lakes = all year
rivers = long gone ;D wait till next year may-aug :D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
They still have to eat

BIG_ONE
09-10-2008, 02:59 PM
yes they do still have to eat, but its way different from bass, winter...its almost impossible to get them, its like they are hibernating ;D *;)

fisherFREAKking
09-10-2008, 09:39 PM
your best chances are up at knightlanding their there till end of fall but delta i still see soon jump during winter

nickjew1
09-11-2008, 04:57 PM
what about any areas around the deepwater channel and port of sacramento in west sac? do they preffer warm water conditions or what?

Diego916
09-28-2008, 04:27 PM
yes they do still have to eat, but its way different from bass, winter...its almost impossible to get them, its like they are hibernating *;D *;)

The bite is so subtle, you almost never see it. They are out there and feeding, but cold water really takes the fight out of them.

BIG_ONE
10-01-2008, 10:58 PM
yes they do still have to eat, but its way different from bass, winter...its almost impossible to get them, its like they are hibernating *;D *;)

The bite is so subtle, you almost never see it. They are out there and feeding, but cold water really takes the fight out of them.

it could really depends where your fishing. but where i fish for them, absolutely non of them during winter. but i don't know about cold water making them fight harder, most of the carp i've caught during winter...didn't put much of a fight, to my opinion, cold water slows down their metabolism, making them have less energy ;)

Carpopath
10-02-2008, 09:49 PM
They will feed in winter but usually for short time periods, to find the time of day/night they are feeding means putting in some time once you have found it you can try to work your schedule around it, then the carp change the goalposts ::)

Diego916
10-12-2008, 11:59 AM

it could really depends where your fishing. but where i fish for them, absolutely non of them during winter. but i don't know about cold water making them fight harder, most of the carp i've caught during winter...didn't put much of a fight, to my opinion, cold water slows down their metabolism, making them have less energy *;)

That's what I said ::)