PDA

View Full Version : Melones 6-13

tortuga
06-14-2017, 04:07 PM
We decided to head out to Tuttletown for some mid-week fishing. We hit the water right at sunrise and scouted the main lake looking for some kokanee. We didn't see any thing there so we headed up to fish between the bridges. We dropped in just below the 49 bridge and before we crossed under I had a fish on my orange Assasin. After quite a battle we finally boat a pretty bow. 17 1/2 inches and fat!! The leader breaks in the net and the blade disappears! No more orange Assasin!

Didn't seem to matter. The bight was never "hot" but we caught fish in several areas. Coyote Creek, Horseshoe bend, outside Coyote. We ended up bringing home 5 trout and Froggie caught a Spotty! The color was orange and of course silver! We caught them on a Capt Kens spinner, the orange assassin, chrome Apex, and even a pink Wee Tad. Depth was 18-40 ft and speed was 1.5-1.9.

Turned out to be a beautiful calm day on the lake. Even the dogs were kinda laid back. Saw several boats but most were having slow days. We didn't talk to anyone that has seen any kokes! There aren't even many osprey this year. they can't even find any koke.

Froggie might have some picks.

See you out there,
Toirtugs

froggie
06-18-2017, 07:54 AM
Just this one board shot at home: http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q681/juberogers/2017%20Trout%20Season/image_zpsv8mjianc.jpeg

Ben got the first & biggest!!

Nelsons
06-19-2017, 09:19 AM
I went the other day and my day was about like yours. Trout were stuffed with tiny threadfin shad. Hot day but not an overly hot bite. I think I saw a kokanee on my fish finder lol. Had one good mark swimming with the ball at about 40 feet.