PDA

View Full Version : lake pardee trout questions

striperjoe
06-14-2017, 09:06 PM
hi i am going to lake pardee next month the middle of july and want to fish for trout from the shore. Can someone tell me what size hooks and kastmasters to use and any other advice please

1969glasspar
06-14-2017, 09:12 PM
If you run powerbait, the typical size 14 treble on a 1-3 ft leader will produce. If you run a kastmaster a blue/silver in 1/2 or 3/8 ounce works great. The water there is super clear, I think it is worth the money to run flourocarbon line in nothing larger than 6lb test. Preferably 4lb, it will improve your hookup rate for sure. Good luck, and have fun!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

striperjoe
06-14-2017, 09:26 PM
thank you so if i use single hooks for power eggs what size hook do you think and will the trout fishing be good next month do you think

BigUnInDaBoat
06-14-2017, 10:41 PM
thank you so if i use single hooks for power eggs what size hook do you think and will the trout fishing be good next month do you think

the water will be too warm for good shore fishing in July IMHO.

sollimes
06-15-2017, 06:03 AM

Should still be good. Fish the woodplie area, good summer location for trout (30'-50' deep). We used to killed em soaking PB and even on jigging TB. GL!

BigUnInDaBoat
06-15-2017, 08:18 AM
Should still be good. Fish the woodplie area, good summer location for trout (30'-50' deep). We used to killed em soaking PB and even on jigging TB. GL!

Yea if you have a boat you should still be able to bait fish in the deeper spots.

I was assuming he meant the rec cove, which is going to warm up very fast, sending those fish looking for deeper cooler water.

About treble hooks with powerbait....I never have used trebles, but have a good fishing buddy who did. After watching me catch more fish with a #10 single egg gamakatsu over the course of a season, he now does the same.

It takes more effort to get a good hookset with those small trebles, you have to use a bigger glob of PB to get them to float, and if you do hook a fish with one of those trebles, it's going to be near impossible to ethically release it if it's small. I'm not sure why, but he missed far more bites with the trebs than I do with the little gamis.

But to each their own.

Good luck!

sollimes
06-15-2017, 09:15 AM
Forgot to mention we always banked at the woodpile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigfin
06-15-2017, 09:43 AM
I fished the wood pile this month and did pretty good 3 fish in 45 minutes but beware they have closed the trail in both directions so its only about a 30 yard area you can fish so if others are there it will be difficult . Fish the right side less snags there, its very very deep like Sollimes said 30-50 ft . Quite funny he said jigging TB , I was actually doing that . It will be nice when they open up the trail . Heres some pics of the area , the fish were nice and bright . Tightlines BF