PDA

View Full Version : gibson ranch cat fish

sean_mcguire
10-08-2008, 04:23 PM
went out to gibson ranch pond last weekend and started at about five in the after noon. we didnt get any bites at all. then it came around to when the cat fish start to bite..... BAM!! got a bit and reeled in about a three pounder cat fish. :D :-?
so then i casted out again then i got another bite which made my pole jump so knowing me i got excited and when i went to set the hook i yanked it out of his mouth. :-?
it wasnt that crowded that day.
so in conclusion gibson ranch is better than i thought. ;)

MB_Kevin
10-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the report and welcome to the boards.

sacfishinfool
10-08-2008, 06:28 PM
went out to gibson ranch pond last weekend and started at about five in the after noon. we didnt get any bites at all. then it came around to when the cat fish start to bite..... *BAM!! got a bit and reeled in about a three pounder cat fish. :D :-?
so then i casted out again then i got another bite which made my pole jump so knowing me i got excited and when i went to set the hook i yanked it out of his mouth. :-?
it wasnt that crowded that day.
so in conclusion gibson ranch is better than i thought. ;)
That is good to know, but doesn't the DFG come around and close the place up around 9:PM? :-?

sean_mcguire
10-08-2008, 06:40 PM
it closes i think eight thirty and yeah they do but it gets dark faster now like around six thirty. so we just left at seven thirty.
so it just works out fine :)

Finesse
10-08-2008, 07:51 PM
They usualy start kicking people out at sundown. I used to ride my bike in after dark with a few friends and kill em. Its going to be getting busy there, the trout will be getting stocked on the 27th.

Sean