PDA

View Full Version : Deep Water Channel?

sacfishinfool
09-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi all! I keep hearing the deep water channel is the place to go for cats. Where exactally is the deep water channel, and how does one go about accessing it? Can you fish out there at night?
Thanks!

Carpopath
10-01-2008, 06:17 AM
Someone mentioned that channel to me and they were talking about people fishing from the bank, but i looked it up on a map and it doesnt look like you can get to it.

sacfishinfool
10-01-2008, 06:20 AM
Someone mentioned that channel to me and they were talking about people fishing from the bank, but i looked it up on a map and it doesnt look like you can get to it.
Where is it? Is it by the Port of Sac out by Jefferson? :question

fisherFREAKking
10-01-2008, 02:35 PM
there no parking sign all over the dirt road but people still go ..i wonder the boat launch is open too all or no??hmm.................................u can fish there at night but you just got to figure out where to park at that all ...an all i got to say people need to pick up their trash

sacfishinfool
10-01-2008, 03:30 PM
there no parking sign all over the dirt road but people still go ..i wonder the boat launch is open too all or no??hmm.................................u can fish there at night but you just got to figure out where to park at that all ...an all i got to say people need to pick up their trash
That's where I thought it was...the only boat launch that I know of over there is the small one down by Jefferson. That's where they want you to park is that dirt lot right by the bridge on Jefferson.

FishFiend916
10-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Yeah, but u gotta be careful parking your car there, especially at night. My buddies car got broke into over there during the afternoon....AND YES, PLEASE TAKE YOUR TRASH WITH YOU!!! It's horrible all up and down the whole bank

fisherFREAKking
10-02-2008, 02:45 PM
That's where I thought it was...the only boat launch that I know of over there is the small one down by Jefferson. That's where they want you to park is that dirt lot right by the bridge on Jefferson.

but the gate for the launch is close isnt it ahha i mostly see it close.. wait i never have went in an look haha i jus pass it by jus to check ahhaha

nayr916
10-02-2008, 03:25 PM
i have been out there many times and caught my biggest stripes out there but not too many catfish of good size. but there is a small dirt launch out there. as far as the no parking signs i dont know what to tell you i have been fishing there for years and never even seen DFG out there.

fisherFREAKking
10-02-2008, 05:31 PM
ahhaha i have met all kind of dfg out there lol i knoe there big striper in there an i knoe some spot for catfish the biggest i ran into was 8lb maybe 10 i release them snice i got tire of eating fish an clean ..the most i take home is one striper..iif i feel like eating fish today ahha ..either then that you launch where all those people launch at the man made launch ..i knoe there one in the back an one in the middle of the so call lake ..

nickjew1
10-03-2008, 09:40 AM
I went out to the deep water channel, and the current was too strong. what kind of weight do you guys use out there for bank fishing?

dbass
10-03-2008, 10:39 AM
What current are you talkin about? Are your sure you were at the port, very little at tide change a large split shot will hold your line down. The lot near the jefferson bridge is a city park area, city police will ticket you after dark. Those kitties out there sure love clams ;) I grew up right there, that neighborhood that backs up to it (Alington Oaks) Now port is pretty much F*&%&&**((*(&^&^*&*(^&^%*&% >:(^..I'm alot of you have had best area ripped from you :(

sacfishinfool
10-03-2008, 06:18 PM
I went out to the deep water channel, and the current was too strong. what kind of weight do you guys use out there for bank fishing?
There is no current in the deep water channel. Where were you?

fisherFREAKking
10-03-2008, 06:24 PM
haha i guess your on the south river side friend ....orrrrr waiitt maybe a big ocean ship past by an you didnt reel in so the after mat pushh your line to the shore ahha there aint no current there the water is calm there only time it get wavey is from a windy day

sacfishinfool
10-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Now port is pretty much F*&%&&**((*(&^&^*&*(^&^%*&% >:(^..I'm alot of you have had best area ripped from you :(
What do you mean by this?? :-?

nickjew1
10-03-2008, 11:51 PM
oh! you guys are talking about the port.. i went fishing at the deep water channel, where jefferson runs parallel to it. i was using 4 ounce sinkers, and it still pulled it. hahah yea, i never caught much at the port. i even used clams, liver and sardines.

nayr916
10-04-2008, 09:31 AM
wow taco no you hae to go to a street called washington lake blvd or something like that . i know it has the name washington in it. lol. but i use a 2 oz weight and size 4 hooks or sometimes a size 1/0 and usually shad and chicken livers. if you go down the washinton street you will see a bridge coming up too you after you go through the first light. you make an illegal left hand turn right before it and pick an un occupied spot . lol chek the description i gave you in the PM for where i got my biggest striper. :D

nickjew1
10-05-2008, 06:18 PM
are you able to fish in lake washington?

sacfishinfool
10-05-2008, 07:39 PM
are you able to fish in lake washington?
I don't know...I have wondered the same thing...I wonder if there are any fish in there. :-?

nickjew1
10-06-2008, 10:32 AM
yea, it looks like a good spot for LMB and panfish

fisherFREAKking
10-06-2008, 02:34 PM
the only way to find out is to just fish it until u get kick out ahhaha