PDA

View Full Version : Political banter that some may find interesting

steeliesNstripers
06-22-2017, 02:46 PM
Disappointing but expected outcome of today's vote by the Delta Stewardship Council ~ 5-1 in favor of going ahead with the Ca. Waterfix/'Eco Restore' (twin tunnels) proposal as amended).

I/m not sure what disappoints me more... the apathy that exists among folks who should be doing all they can to stop the tunnels? or those who wish to build them?

The fight is far from over but if we hope to win... we need more advocacy and support.

I know many fellow anglers and guides who profit from the fisheries of the AR, FR, and delta who were nowhere to be found today... I saw no familiar faces from Kiene's and only Dan Bacher from the Fish Sniffer in attendance today.

When the rivers are sucked dry and you have no more anadromous fish to fish for... look in the mirror and then get started on "Rivers of a Lost Coast" PART 2

I'll try to present a more detailed synopsis of the meeting at some future time.

Thanks to any and all who did make it out to the meeting today

You ARE the 'someone else'... :)

BigUnInDaBoat
06-22-2017, 04:02 PM
glad you fixed it

steeliesNstripers
06-22-2017, 05:00 PM
It's one thing if you want to copy and paste this here, but to try to trick people into reading this, whether or not we agree with you or not just is not cool.

kinda like "GIANT BASS AT LAKE PARDEE" (clickbait) when you see the video and the giant bass is about 3 lbs.

I hear ya...
I contemplated that
and then thought that I could tie in the potential of a 10lb shad to the need for protection of its habitat.
In the end, I figured the importance of the message outweighed the slight of the title...
Mods can delete the entire thread and they may as well as the message falls mostly on deaf ears anyway.
That is one of the reasons why CHROMESWEETCHROME (ME) disappeared from this and all fishing boards many years ago and why i will NEVER post a fish picture or fishing report on ANY WEBSITE as long as I live.
I'm sure Dan Bacher will cover the story thoroughly anyway~
Mark

BigUnInDaBoat
06-22-2017, 05:07 PM
I hear ya...
I contemplated that
and then thought that I could tie in the potential of a 10lb shad to the need for protection of its habitat.
In the end, I figured the importance of the message outweighed the slight of the title...
Mods can delete the entire thread and they may as well as the message falls mostly on deaf ears anyway.
That is one of the reasons why CHROMESWEETCHROME (ME) disappeared from this and all fishing boards many years ago and why i will NEVER post a fish picture or fishing report on ANY WEBSITE as long as I live.
I'm sure Dan Bacher will cover the story thoroughly anyway~
Mark

So you're just a lurker? That will never report or share? That's all you dude. It's silly to be part of a community like this and not take part, but to each their own, cya.

SteelHunter
06-23-2017, 12:11 PM
Hey steeliesNstripers (aka ChromeSweetChrome). I remember you. I always wondered what happened to you.

You used to post some great reports. sorry you stopped.

we once ran into one another on the Mad River during steelhead season...that was years ago.

thanks for sharing this information...it's something I should get myself more involved in.

CRABBY
06-23-2017, 05:09 PM
Hey Chrome Welcome back.The info in your post doesn't surprise me as this is Kommiefornia where most people just roll over an take it whether its fishing,hunting related the apathy you spoke of is very real.License sales are in the dump so many have just givin up.Like you many of the people here who like you were active an participated in all the meetings are gone now,not sure where but as you can see the sniffer an other websites are down also....:lipsrsealed:

BigUnInDaBoat
06-23-2017, 05:16 PM
Man some of you ***** and moan about snowflakes and then act like one, so hypocritical, and ridiculous!

CRABBY
06-23-2017, 05:48 PM
???????????????????????????????????:homersimpson:

steeliesNstripers
06-24-2017, 01:28 PM
Man some of you ***** and moan about snowflakes and then act like one, so hypocritical, and ridiculous!

If you are referring to me? You got me all wrong. No snowflake here... I'm a man about action. I voted for one too...

Now that you have my picture... look for me on the river and I'll show you what a snowflake looks like!

QueenAnnesRevenge
06-24-2017, 02:22 PM
If you are referring to me? You got me all wrong. No snowflake here... I'm a man about action. I voted for one too...

Now that you have my picture... look for me on the river and I'll show you what a snowflake looks like!
Really? Good way to persuade folks into political action by threatening them...on the internet... Your actions may set back your goals

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

steeliesNstripers
06-24-2017, 03:08 PM
Really? Good way to persuade folks into political action by threatening them...on the internet... Your actions may set back your goals

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

So few are willing to fight the fight....
Ironically, a lurker and an activist are polar opposites.
One commits 101% and rather than waiting for instructions on how and when to proceed and what to do, and where to go... he forges ahead and puts in the time and learns through trial and error, and through further trials, he succeeds.
The other, hides behind a mask, a keyboard, a belief that he just isn't cut out to be a pioneer, an innovator, a do-er and an achiever.
He comes on boards like this daily, hoping someone who has done the work, will throw him a bone. He wants it the easy way... handed to him for free. like way too many 'entitled' Americans.
The parallel here is...
I used to actively post on this and other boards.
I fished a LOT and posted a LOT
and I watched others come and go (on this board and on the river).
Few gave back to the boards in the way of reports or solid information just as, few give back to the river they enjoyed fishing. I saw lots more people, footprints, litter, and lots more scales and carcasses of large, spawner striped bass hens.
Fishsniffer became mostly a brag-fest with lots of photos but no real info.
I have EASILY spent 30,000 hours on the American River. I need a fish sniffer report on stripers, salmon, or steelhead... like Jimmy Page needs guitar lessons. I only use this site to share info which is crucial to the health and well being of our fisheries and our fishing and hunting rights/privileges.
It really sucks that so few people are willing to understand the levity of stopping the Delta Tunnels and take some sort of action... but I'm not surprised because, just like fishing... 10% catch 90% of the fish while the other 90% stare at their computer wondering why...
BiG-Un struck a nerve with his snowflake post and yes, I got defensive.
and my original title for the post should not have been a catchy, click-bait title to get readership and for that, ALONE, I apologize.
><))));>

CRABBY
06-24-2017, 03:43 PM
:clap::clap::clap: Well said Chrome/Steelie.Looks like a few snowflakes got there safe space invaded or something.Talk about taking a thread an spinning it around,But its what they do best..:dankk2::elephant:

BigUnInDaBoat
06-24-2017, 06:44 PM

I was not referring to you, the person I typed that for knows it. And if you think that picture of you would intimidate me old man, you are very much mistaken, laughable! Why don't you do this board a favor and go back to lurking.

BigUnInDaBoat
06-24-2017, 06:50 PM
I used to actively post on this and other boards.

I have EASILY spent 30,000 hours on the American River.

I need a fish sniffer report on stripers, salmon, or steelhead... like Jimmy Page needs guitar lessons. I only use this site to share info which is crucial to the health and well being of our fisheries and our fishing and hunting rights/privileges.

Oh jeese well aint you just gods shining example of his gift to us. We shall bow to your prowess and skills as humble googans who don't have the right to even look at the water you fish.

Seriously? Did you even read what you posted. The snowflake thing was not even directed towards you. You get offended over something that was not even directed to you, and then make a veiled threat of a fistfight.

Done replying to you.

Troutbead
06-24-2017, 09:08 PM
I was not referring to you, the person I typed that for knows it. And if you think that picture of you would intimidate me old man, you are very much mistaken, laughable! Why don't you do this board a favor and go back to lurking.

you need to learn when to just shut up. Geeez.

BigUnInDaBoat
06-24-2017, 09:18 PM
you need to learn when to just shut up. Geeez.

Lmao, shhhhhh just downvote my post and move on snowflake.

CAL.NDN
06-24-2017, 09:33 PM
Been awhile. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170625/291d16f8344597b6c83af3ea43217bed.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170625/f73ccf2b526ef79cf5148d01fe1e2b83.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

CRABBY
06-25-2017, 03:48 AM
NO NOT ME http://finaddicts.us/smf/forums/Smileys/popos/cry.gifhttp://finaddicts.us/smf/forums/Smileys/popos/cry.gifhttp://finaddicts.us/smf/forums/Smileys/popos/cry.gifhttp://finaddicts.us/smf/forums/Smileys/popos/cry.gif

:innoc9dj:..................:homersimpson:

CrappieJed
06-27-2017, 01:28 PM
http://youtu.be/1sONfxPCTU0

SteelHunter
06-30-2017, 11:10 AM
why do a lot of posts always turn into this???

CRABBY
06-30-2017, 11:22 AM
why do a lot of posts always turn into this???Usually because they started that way.This thread was not started to offer/ask for fishing advice or info like that.:homersimpson:

LineStretcher
06-30-2017, 01:27 PM
it's Phishing thread not Fishing.. oh crap now I'm in it... LOL.

CrappieJed
06-30-2017, 06:24 PM
why do a lot of posts always turn into this???
It's a human thing:stomper:

Waterdog
07-01-2017, 04:02 PM
What am I missing here? I don't see anything wrong with the original post. I don't understand why some people got their pantys in a bunch. The op simply provided some information about a meeting concerning the delta tunnels and encouraged more people to get involved in the process. The shad forum probably wasn't the best place to post it but who cares. Most or all of us are against the tunnels but we don't do jack s... to help the process to stop them. We don't attend meetings, we don't write letters, we don't contribute $$ to the effort to stop them (myself included). The poster probably won't be back and that's too bad. He would have kept us up to date on the fight to stop the tunnels and may have been able to get some of us involved. If someone could enlighten me as to the reasons for the bunched up pantys I'd appreciate it.

redneckpunk
07-01-2017, 04:30 PM
. If someone could enlighten me as to the reasons for the bunched up pantys I'd appreciate it.

Because everything these days has to be a pi$$ing contest.

The OP hit on some great observations from the meeting. I honestly had forgotten about the meeting. I was out of town from Sunday through Wednesday night that week and spaced the Thursday morning meeting. And while I understand the disappointment that Anglers and guides were not there, for many it's tough to get to a weekday meeting. Hence the reason they schedule them that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CRABBY
07-01-2017, 04:34 PM
Naw Chrome is a tough of bird,mentally an physically.as he said his new name doesn't reflect his long time status here.He be back..:onthego:

BigUnInDaBoat
07-01-2017, 05:21 PM
What am I missing here? I don't see anything wrong with the original post. I don't understand why some people got their pantys in a bunch. The op simply provided some information about a meeting concerning the delta tunnels and encouraged more people to get involved in the process. The shad forum probably wasn't the best place to post it but who cares. Most or all of us are against the tunnels but we don't do jack s... to help the process to stop them. We don't attend meetings, we don't write letters, we don't contribute $$ to the effort to stop them (myself included). The poster probably won't be back and that's too bad. He would have kept us up to date on the fight to stop the tunnels and may have been able to get some of us involved. If someone could enlighten me as to the reasons for the bunched up pantys I'd appreciate it.

This was the original title Re: 10lb AR shad potential record You ARE the 'someone else
I REALLY wanted to see a 10 lb shad. I would of clicked on it with the title it had now, I just felt it didn't need to clickbait to be an effective post.

kromebrite
07-06-2017, 11:33 AM
I will always remember that gigantic striped bass from the AR along with countless steelhead and salmon.
I never did buy any BC spoons, but your(along with GFS and "Ray-I don't remember his forum name") tips worked just great with good ol' cleos. Thanks.

I applaud your activism.

The American River parkway was preserved due to such participation. The home page of the FS has a blurb on halibut restoration that speaks to this. There are many, many other examples. These issues are much more far reaching than preserving fishing , I believe.

I am not that informed on the tunnels, but it seems to me that this is being quietly pushed through without what seem to be sufficient objective environmental impact research.