PDA

View Full Version : Stumpy Meadows

Jimmy_M
06-26-2017, 02:29 PM
The family and I will be camping and fishing at Stumpy Meadows for a few days later this week. Any recent reports? I haven't been up there since the King fire, I hope it's as beautiful as I remember.

Jimmy M.

Legalbeagle
06-26-2017, 03:06 PM
I took a boat on Stumpy about a month ago for one, 18" brown, trolling Rapalas right along the shore line at sunrise--missed a few others. Normally the place is packed with rainbows, but it just wasn't happening. I didn't mark many fish on sonar. It was definitely in need of a DFW plant. If you do have a boat, you probably need to go deep. I'm not familiar with shore-fishing that lake. No doubt the browns would take a floating crawler in the evening.

As far as the scenery, about a third of the lake is burnt but recovering--still a beautiful place just the same.

Jimmy_M
06-27-2017, 08:29 AM
I took a boat on Stumpy about a month ago for one, 18" brown, trolling Rapalas right along the shore line at sunrise--missed a few others. Normally the place is packed with rainbows, but it just wasn't happening. I didn't mark many fish on sonar. It was definitely in need of a DFW plant. If you do have a boat, you probably need to go deep. I'm not familiar with shore-fishing that lake. No doubt the browns would take a floating crawler in the evening.

As far as the scenery, about a third of the lake is burnt but recovering--still a beautiful place just the same.

Thank you for the info.