PDA

View Full Version : Los Vaqueros report 2/27 MONSTER CAT

joshc40
09-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Went to LV today with my bud Kevin, his bro James, and my Bro Joe for some trout. I got to the lake at around 9ish but Kevin and his bro had been there since 7. He told me he had caught a striper that was twelve inches or so and tossed it back in. Other than that, they only had small taps on nightcrawlers and had nothing on the stringer. So I told them to move back further into the lake and what a good choice that was!!! Fished for about an hour or so, then my bobber just shot up without notice. Hooked it up and it turned out to be a 13 POUND KITTY!!! Man, were we surprised. I caught it on worm and marshmallow combo on six pound test! Biggest cat for me so far and it was funnn. Weighed it at the Marina, took a couple picks, and received my whopper club mug :D. Unfortunately, that was the only fish of the day. We were targeting trout and ended up with a nice channel cat. No one else really had much action either, just a few people with a couple trout here and there. Thanks for reading and God bless. Sorry guys, no pics, but if you happen to stop by LV for some fishing, check out the Marina because they have a pic.

Josh

shadbuster
09-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Cool report, it's always fun to catch something your not targeting especially when its that big ;D. That's half the fun of using worms.

joshc40
09-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Seriously man. We caught a striper and a cat on worms that day. My bud kevin was like, this is a pretty nice trout i have here. Turns out to be a twelve inch striper haha. He wasn't very happy that day, he really wanted some trout. I was satisfied with that cat though, good fight and loads of fun to catch.