PDA

View Full Version : pmid 6-30

okie
06-30-2017, 02:46 PM
slow day today, we only managed 38 I think o the boat. big 1 was 31" 13lb 5oz for don.
didn't get a pic, by the time he landed it, measured it, weighed it, just got it back in the
water. been thebest year for me, thanks don for another wonderful day and season
on the water.

until oct
be safe

hooks
06-30-2017, 03:27 PM
That was a great finish to the season. Same lure, Mag lip Bloody Frog 3.5 caught most. Some on a Mag lip 3.5 metallic perch Some on a Lyman bloody frog 4" Some on a shad rap 9.

The fish have all summer to grow. Should be a great fall.

MKE
06-30-2017, 03:37 PM
Definitely a great day to end the season!

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

CrappieJed
06-30-2017, 03:41 PM
Definitely a great day to end the season!

end of season? What does that mean

MKE
06-30-2017, 03:43 PM
end of season? What does that mean
Pyramid is closed until October

LineStretcher
06-30-2017, 03:54 PM
Pyramid is closed until October

Trout season is open from Oct 1 to June 30. You can still fish it just not for trout. Sacramento Perch are in there and they are delicious. If you are Perch Fishing and catch a 30lb Cut then keep it and take it to Crosby's for a weigh in along with a 100.00 bill to pay the fine. Nah, just kidding. Just release it without removing it from the water.

okie
06-30-2017, 04:04 PM
Trout season is open from Oct 1 to June 30. You can still fish it just not for trout. Sacramento Perch are in there and they are delicious. If you are Perch Fishing and catch a 30lb Cut then keep it and take it to Crosby's for a weigh in along with a 100.00 bill to pay the fine. Nah, just kidding. Just release it without removing it from the water.

negs steve, no boat fishing during the closure. I think this is the first or 2nd year that you cant
have fishing gear on your boat. that's what I heard last summer, but I will check on it and let you know.
be safe

MKE
06-30-2017, 04:07 PM
negs steve, no boat fishing during the closure. I think this is the first or 2nd year that you cant
have fishing gear on your boat. that's what I heard last summer, but I will check on it and let you know.
be safe
You beat me to it Okie.

LineStretcher
06-30-2017, 04:22 PM
You beat me to it Okie.

Here is the current regs.

16.1 PYRAMID LAKE. The open waters of Pyramid Lake will be open to trout fishing from October 1 through June 30 of each year. Trout season will be closed from July 1 through September 30.
16.1.1 From July 1 through September 30 the open waters of Pyramid Lake will be open to fishing to all species except trout and cui-ui, and will be limited to shore fishing only (wading permitted, but no boats, ladders or floatation devices may be used). Any trout or cui-ui caught must be immediately released.

LineStretcher
06-30-2017, 04:22 PM
be safe

Yep no boat fishing but you can still fish from the shore but not for trout or cui-ui

MKE
06-30-2017, 04:33 PM
Now that I know you can wade I'll be fishing Sept. 30 after I set up camp!

Captain Compassion
06-30-2017, 05:32 PM
Darn. Wonderful. Guess you guys won't be going out tomorrow. Bill, Don. Your fishing trips have made my year. You really know how to fish that water. Wish I lived closer. It won't be long to October rolls around. Fall will be epic.

CC

Captain Compassion
06-30-2017, 05:34 PM

Perhaps some perch fishing at Spider. :)

CC

CrappieJed
06-30-2017, 05:52 PM
I never knew the lake closed...that's fantastic. Is this trouts spawning period or they just getting a time out?

CrappieJed
06-30-2017, 06:03 PM
1996 last time I was at pyramid lake. I went to a fish hatchery there above the lake near the ramp if I remember correctly.

It was in shambles weeds growing through the floor tanks dry doors barley hanging on their hinges it was a mess. But from what I can tell it was not very old and built well just careless management or something. Is it still there?

Captain Compassion
06-30-2017, 06:21 PM
1996 last time I was at pyramid lake. I went to a fish hatchery there above the lake near the ramp if I remember correctly.

It was in shambles weeds growing through the floor tanks dry doors barley hanging on their hinges it was a mess. But from what I can tell it was not very old and built well just careless management or something. Is it still there?

Yes it is still there and it hatches, grows and plants 750,000 to 1,000,000 trout per year into the lake. Great people and a great operation. The Pyramid Hatchery along with the USFGS hatchery in Gardnerville have created at Pyramid one of the top trout fisheries in the world. The proof of this is in the waters of Pyramid Lake.

CC

CrappieJed
06-30-2017, 06:42 PM
Yes it is still there and it hatches, grows and plants 750,000 to 1,000,000 trout per year into the lake. Great people and a great operation. The Pyramid Hatchery along with the USFGS hatchery in Gardnerville have created at Pyramid one of the top trout fisheries in the world. The proof of this is in the waters of Pyramid Lake.

CC
Sounds a lot like Fort Peck in Montana with their programs. I know I mentioned it before but check it out on YouTube it is incredible place to go fishing 25 35 pound king salmon and in freshwater you know how far the ocean is for Montana lol not sure but Fort Peck twice size or larger then Lake Shasta. I have good pics

CrappieJed
06-30-2017, 06:43 PM
Take virtual tour of the dam blow you away. Longest dam in America

PMR#9
06-30-2017, 07:19 PM
I
slow day today, we only managed 38 I think o the boat. big 1 was 31" 13lb 5oz for don.
didn't get a pic, by the time he landed it, measured it, weighed it, just got it back in the
water. been thebest year for me, thanks don for another wonderful day and season
on the water.

until oct
be safe

Not trying to be a dick But you boys should know better than putting those fish on that black mat 4 photos . I have seen it in every post you make .Carry a towel and wet it and put it down first

okie
06-30-2017, 07:29 PM
I

Not trying to be a dick But you boys should know better than putting those fish on that black mat 4 photos . I have seen it in every post you make .Carry a towel and wet it and put it down first

appreciate your opinion, however, that mat is wet, that is where we land the fish, remove the hookfrom it get it out of the net, take a pic and put it back in the water, and ensure it is not a 'floater'. ifwe decide to keep a fish, we put it on a stringer and cut its gills. in the 3 or 4 years I've been fishingwith hooks, we have never left a fish floating on the surface, we have spent considerable time ensuringthey get back down, to fight another day.
be safe

CrappieJed
06-30-2017, 07:31 PM
I

Then don't be...you afwade little fishy going to die COME ON! Those tuff fish man

CrappieJed
06-30-2017, 07:34 PM
You hear it all hear don't old them bye the gill plate don't grab there jaws...you use omniflex that's stuff junk...hmm m right

PMR#9
06-30-2017, 08:37 PM
appreciate your opinion, however, that mat is wet, that is where we land the fish, remove the hookfrom it get it out of the net, take a pic and put it back in the water, and ensure it is not a 'floater'. ifwe decide to keep a fish, we put it on a stringer and cut its gills. in the 3 or 4 years I've been fishingwith hooks, we have never left a fish floating on the surface, we have spent considerable time ensuringthey get back down, to fight another day.
be safe

No sir . That mat is wet when you catch a fish and the net puts some water on it .A towel dunked in the water and placed on the mat will go a long way In the survival of this species .

CrappieJed
06-30-2017, 09:20 PM
No sir . That mat is wet when you catch a fish and the net puts some water on it .A towel dunked in the water and placed on the mat will go a long way In the survival of this species .
Yeah Okie what's the deal shall I bring my big beach towel or or better yet I can bring bed cover they hold lots water

okie
07-01-2017, 05:26 AM
Yeah Okie what's the deal shall I bring my big beach towel or or better yet I can bring bed cover they hold lots water

don't worry about it, we'll find a way to protect the fish. their health and safety is important to us.
see you in oct.
be safe

hooks
07-01-2017, 05:30 AM
I

It's my boat, my camera, I take the pictures, and I post them. Going forward, please direct any opinions you may have regarding the way I set up my boat directly to me.

No, I'm not going to carry a towel and wet it and place the fish on it. Even a wet towel is more abrasive than the rubber mat that's in the bottom of my boat and will remove more of the fishes protective slime than the rubber mat.

Also, this is the first time I've ever heard of this technique with the wet towel. Where did you come up with that. I've never seen it in any of the "the proper way to release fish" articles. Most say not to net them and release them in the water. Do you do that?

Please enlighten me on the survival of the species of hatchery fish.

All due respect.....

okie
07-01-2017, 08:40 AM

be careful where you are throwing, the only fish you can keep is sac perch, and the only way
I have heard of catching them is by jigging around rock piles,
be safe