PDA

View Full Version : carp in elk grove park?

nickjew1
09-15-2008, 09:32 AM
ive heard theres carp in there, but i dont want to waste my time fishing there. does anyone know?

BIG_ONE
09-15-2008, 03:30 PM
never seen a carp or catch one at elk grove park. but possibly.

sHoRe_fAnAtIc
09-17-2008, 11:14 AM
It's possible ... sometimes Fish and Game stocks them... like HOWE PARK (which last I check had like billions of small goldfish size ones)... Also William Land has some also... Best place for carps is the small sloughs and levees right now...

Phinger28
09-18-2008, 01:04 PM
There is at least one big one I know of for sure. Its a 26lb slug i caught last year mid summer fishing for the planter cats. Caught him on sardine/nitecrawler combo. I still have one its scales that measure 1.2in wide.

nickjew1
09-18-2008, 07:33 PM
hahha dang. a 26 pounder.. you must of been shocked or thought you had the largest cat on. hahaha i remember my friend told me a story about how when he was fishing for catfish, something just took his line, then snapped it. he said it wasnt a catfish, and it was probably a carp. maybe its the same one. ahhah

StraightBallin
09-19-2008, 12:14 PM
There are absolutely carp in Elk Grove Park....big ones. I used to see them swimming laps around the edge of the pond.

striperkid
09-21-2008, 08:44 PM
hahha dang. a 26 pounder.. you must of been shocked or thought you had the largest cat on. hahaha i remember my friend told me a story about how when he was fishing for catfish, something just took his line, then snapped it. *he said it wasnt a catfish, and it was probably *a carp. maybe its the same one. ahhah

this is funny cuz im 99% sure of what it was....a turtle..
way back in the day my friend who lives close to the park would always want me to go fishing with him and we kept getting huge take downs one day and when we set the hook it would snap i thought either bad line or realy big fish then it happened 2 times in a matter of minutes so the third cast i got ready and the split second my rod started to tip i set the hook hard and got it only to reel in and find an angry turtle on the end of my line got him by the arm...boy was he mad