PDA

View Full Version : carp around san jose

onelilcrazyazn
07-28-2008, 06:22 PM
hi i was wondering if anybody noes wat a good spot for fishing carp are around san jose or close like 30min or so drive

dino
07-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Calero, Vasona, Stevens Creek and the Campbell perc ponds all have carp. There are Some huge ones at Calero and Vasona. I read on here that there are also carp at Cunningham. Good luck and let us know how you do.

vdub
07-28-2008, 11:07 PM
noble perc ponds have them too

Fishin_G
07-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Theres some good ones in Campbell perc ponds. Ive seen some really big ones in some holes in Los Gatos Creek between the perc ponds and downtown Campbell. Just dont eat them from the creek, too much mercury.

radlations
08-17-2008, 02:26 PM
There are indeed carp in lake cunningham but I wouldn't go there. The fishing there is really slow. I've been there at least 30 times and not even a nibble. I've tried different baits, different fishing times, different rigs. Nothing.

I've never seen anyone catch a fish either. Although I have seen one person with a big carp in his net one time. Also seen a rather large dead carp washed ashore.

sjshark
08-17-2008, 03:05 PM
uvas lake gilrory

MB_Kevin
08-17-2008, 08:07 PM
I got a big catfish at lake Cunningham the one time I went. It was on accident. I threw my night crawler about 2' off shore so it wouldn't dry out while I was helping Panfish popper set up. The thing started pulling my pole in the water and bam. The catfish was not good to eat. I took it home and noticed it looked bad with some sores on it and then when I started to clean it the smell was really bad so I threw it away.

maskas
08-21-2008, 12:54 AM
Really big carp in los gatos creek, but it's artificial lures with barbless hooks only.

M_and_M
08-26-2008, 04:45 AM
Ive got a great spot in milpitas....Ill never tell tho ;D

polybass
09-01-2008, 09:34 PM
If you won't tell anyone, then whats the point of posting. That is shady indeed, and its not like most people eat carp. Be a fish sniffer, and help other sniffers sniff for fish. DON'T BE GREEDY HOMIE

MB_Kevin
09-01-2008, 10:04 PM
I don't think it is shady not to post some fishing holes. We all have them. A pic would be cool but I don't blame him if not wanting to share. If I get fish from a lake like berryessa I don't mind posting up the place because people fish there all the time but I won't post up about a little pond by my house because I don't want more fishing pressure on it then there already is.

UltraFace
09-01-2008, 10:20 PM
ya, if your lucky enough to find hidden fishing holes then its understandable to keep that secret.

i went to Vasona the other night and tried for carp. My first time fishing for carp and it went horribly, nothing. I don't know how to really fish for carp though, I kinda did my own thing like the carp chronicles on here, corn and bread, not even a bite. perhaps it wasnt the right time or something, or perhaps it was my subpar rigging. i just tried one of those pre-snelled 6 hooks to my line and tossed it out there with just the bread ball for weight.

raymac
09-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Fellow fishers.
Some times secret fishing spots are the norm in the CARP fishers world. The reason, some fishers put a lot of time and effort and expense into the chase.
Like myself, some pratice CPR (capture, take a picture, and release).We like to feel the pull at the end of our line over and over again and again.If a person that eats fish come along and takes what we have released where has our effort gone.Here in the USA carp are considered a rough fish. Trash fish. Some eat carp. They were first brought to this country as a food sourse to feed the people migrating to this country.
We have found a way to enjoy fishing for carp.
Just like the other sport fishers we put a specal effort in the chase.
We use poles and reels and rigs made special for persuing carp.We use specal proven baits. Just like other fishers we have found a way to fish to satify our wants.

UltraFace
09-02-2008, 02:32 PM
^it sucks, i like to eat my catch now and then if its a tasty fish, but some people just take it to the extreme i think. after all angling is primarily a source of fun and sport, not food.

dino
09-03-2008, 01:58 PM
And remember...fish are friends not food. Sorry couldn't help myself there.

BIG_ONE
09-06-2008, 06:59 AM
^it sucks, i like to eat my catch now and then if its a tasty fish, but some people just take it to the extreme i think. *after all angling is primarily a source of fun and sport, not food.

too bad we can't shoot and release a deer ;D i also take home fishes when i only come to the place once in a while and have some meal out of it worth going for the trip from all those gas money etc... ;)

S_L
09-08-2008, 10:33 PM
And remember...fish are friends not food. *Sorry couldn't help myself there.
Fish makes a very tasty food. (BTW: ditto to meat/chicken)
And carp (if you know right recipe like jewish gefilte fish) is excellent!!
I'll catch carp - I'll eat it.
Or I'll give it to my friends who know how to cook!

raymac
09-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Was just wandering. HOW BAD DOES THE WATER HAVE TO BE BEFORE YOU WON'T TAKE YOUR CATCH HOME. No offense intended.
We had water fowl dieing off at a local lake.The fishers were catching CARP and planning on taking them home.They were small in size.

dino
09-10-2008, 02:07 PM

Of course I was only kidding as I myself, also consume fish. I've never had carp though. What do carp taste like and how do you go about cooking them? Please don't tell me they taste like chicken ;D

Ugbomb
09-10-2008, 10:26 PM
M and M is it near North Milpias Blvd? ;D

BIG_ONE
09-11-2008, 04:01 PM

Of course I was only kidding as I myself, also consume fish. *I've never had carp though. *What do carp taste like and how do you go about cooking them? *Please don't tell me they taste like chicken ;D

no they don't taste like chicken ;D they are better than chicken! :D