PDA

View Full Version : Highway 4 Rivers

timmyt
07-11-2017, 01:00 PM
Anyone been up that way? I am dying to get out for a few hours Saturday but don't want to do the drive for a blown out river

reeltor
07-11-2017, 03:16 PM
The road to Spicer is open, but am not sure about the Stanislaus condition or other creeks/streams. Tight lines!

Waterdog
07-11-2017, 03:20 PM
Check out Ebberts Pass Sporting Goods site
http://www.ebbettspasssportinggoods.com/articles/fishing-report-pg204.htm
or phone them.
Their fishing report states the Stan and Angel creek to be planted this week and Beaver creek planted last week so I assume if they are planting them they are fishable.
Of note they say Spicer road is open and Spicer lake is full and the fishing excellent. Think I'll head up there next week and fish Union and Spicer.

puckinhead
07-15-2017, 09:20 PM
How's the water flow?

timmyt
07-17-2017, 09:59 AM
How's the water flow?

I didn't make it up, will have to for sure this saturday

puckinhead
07-18-2017, 07:27 AM
How's the water flow?

I didn't make it up, will have to for sure this saturday

I want to as well but darn it that something called work always gets in the way.

stefanoflo
07-18-2017, 08:48 AM
I was at Big trees fishing The Stanislaus last week. Flow are either up or down between 700 and 800 CFS
The river is fishable , however there are Campers and a Lot of them , best to get there early at sunrise and fish as hard and cover as much water as you can before the swimmers arrive , Hit the Currents that are slow and flat , too much white water and the current force cause fish either to go deep or under less current area. look for slack water and you might get a few Holdovers , Try drifting European Night Crawlers , not Night Crawlers and red worms . those Euro`seem to be the best size for spooky trout that are contending with the Splashing and the noise of swimmers galore . Not Many of them are fishing and those that are are tossing Lures and have no patients at anything because they are young. good luck and have a great summer .

Blue_Crush
07-18-2017, 07:38 PM
try going out of dorrington up boards crossing and then down to river
lots of fishable areas with no campers...

ps Lake Alpine is really good too right now up the road

sollimes
07-18-2017, 07:49 PM
If you have moderate ground clearance 4WD hit sour grass trail across from the campground , go up about 1-1/2 miles some good water there. Have kaught lots of nice browns n native bows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timmyt
07-19-2017, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=sollimes;1127399]If you have moderate ground clearance 4WD hit sour grass trail across from the campground , go up about 1-1/2 miles some good water there. Have kaught lots of nice browns n native bows.

Is that upriver or down? I have hiked upriver there before, not very far though. I will have the BMW, so no clearance lol