PDA

View Full Version : I need help about Clear Lake Catfish fishing!!!

BIG_ONE
09-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Hello All! I will be going out to Clear Lake the last week of Sept at NICE to do some catfish fishing from a rental house(shore fishing only). I never been to Nice so no clues how the fishing is during Sept. but i see on some post that Sept to Nov is the best catfish fishing at Clear Lake, don't know if its true or not. Any of you guys have any tips, ideas, method, bait used, time, or etc to help me so I can make this vacation trip a fun only? Oh, also forgot what about crap in this area?*

mikebrooks51
09-05-2008, 01:52 PM
good fishing year round. iv'e had the most consistant luck floating a night crawler off the bottom on a sliding sinker. also shad minows or power bait. good luck, you'll get fish. brooksmike51

Big O Tires Angler
09-05-2008, 05:38 PM
i really doubt you'll want to catch crap...it really smells foul and is so hard to get out from under your finger nails

BIG_ONE
09-05-2008, 06:20 PM
i really doubt you'll want to catch crap...it really smells foul and is so hard to get out from under your finger nails

why does it have a foul smell??? :-/

Jeremiah_Claar
09-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Large minnows usually get the job done for me.

MB_Kevin
09-05-2008, 08:43 PM

why does it have a foul smell??? *:-/

;D Double check your spelling there Big_One. *I was going to change it yesterday but I figured if the auto censer left it so could I :-?

Oh and the usual baits would work im sure. I have heard jumbo minnow and crawdads are good. We usually go for crappie when we go there now. I stayed at a place there when I was a kid with just my mom and I was fishing and got tuns of huge cats in the summer. I didn't have very good equipment or knowledge on fishing by myself and still did good. Probably was using night crawler. You shouldn't have to many problems.
When I went to the catfish derby there last year there was many cats in over 20# range.

BIG_ONE
09-06-2008, 06:40 AM

why does it have a foul smell??? *:-/

;D Double check your spelling there Big_One. *I was going to change it yesterday but I figured if the auto censer left it so could I :-?

Oh and the usual baits would work im sure. *I have heard jumbo minnow and crawdads are good. *We usually go for crappie when we go there now. *I stayed at a place there when I was a kid with just my mom and I was fishing and got tuns of huge cats in the summer. *I didn't have very good equipment or knowledge on fishing by myself and still did good. Probably was using night crawler. *You shouldn't have to many problems.
* When I went to the catfish derby there last year there was many cats in over 20# range.

my fault [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] ;D