PDA

View Full Version : Scared the brown outta me!

chubbswheeler
07-15-2017, 06:59 AM
A few nights back while fishing the my local creek I started talking to a fisherman and shortly into our conversation he asks are you Chubbswheeler? It was no other than MKE. We sat and talked and he shared plenty of great information as I could tell he was a knowledgeable fisherman. I left and he stayed into the dark to Target browns.
The next time I went to the creek I decided to try a place MKE suggested as his friends gave him a great report of plenty of fish, especially browns. I got 3 small browns in 3 drifts of the dry. I Ended up catching a handful of small trout and saw my buddy get shook by an aerial acrobat. He went back the next morning to get Bertha and got another handful.
I couldn't take it. I had to go back and experience that magic hour when my fly was being blown up on even the worst drifts. So I rolled up and went to the creek. After over and hour I had maybe 4 strikes one of which was a "huge" 14 bow. He jumped and pulled a bit of drag, what a fight,lol. It starts getting dark and the fish stop popping so I threw on a streamer. I'm talking to my a friend from San Jose on the phone when BAM. My line tightens and my 4wt. Folds over. I tell Charles holy spit I hooked a fatty. After the battle of a lifetime and some crazy drag pulling runs the fish is in. I can't believe it a real trophy!
I took a short video and released the beast. He took some reviving but swam away good. I couldn't sleep at all last night after that. To MKE thanks for suggesting the A.P. it is true what your friends said. It's loaded. And some are huge!
Fish estimated @ 24"+ and 5+ lbs.

TartarSauce
07-15-2017, 07:29 AM
What an awesome story. I love it!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Seeforellen
07-15-2017, 08:34 AM
Very nice work! Glad you kept him on while you were on the phone!

Captain Compassion
07-15-2017, 09:20 AM
This is the kind of story that makes us all fishermen. This is an area that is relatively close to me that I've never fished. This will change real soon. What a pretty brown. Nice release and congratulations.

CC

MKE
07-15-2017, 07:57 PM
Good job chubbwheeler. It was nice chatting with you on the river the other night.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

chubbswheeler
07-16-2017, 09:02 PM
Thanks guys. I feel like that trout was the Pinnacle of my fishing experience!
See you out there MKE

timmyt
07-17-2017, 09:57 AM
Good looking fish, glad it was released to pass along those genes..

Blue_Crush
07-18-2017, 08:13 PM
High Five....