PDA

View Full Version : **Late Report Berryessa 08/10/08

Dustriver
08-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Fished all day by Capell Launch & nada..... >:(

MB_Kevin
08-15-2008, 08:03 PM
WOW that is shocking, I would think it would be good for cats this time of year. I was thinking of making a trip up there just for cats.

DW
08-15-2008, 09:35 PM
ive been to the cove twice in the last month or so and ive been skunked both times...i figured this would be a good spot for cats? is anyone having any luck in the cove or is it just a bust?

panfish_popper
08-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Ive had plenty of catfish success in Cappel Cove and i have seen some unreal sized cats there as well. Its a good sport, fish the deep rocky points of the Cove, youll nail em.

MB_Kevin
08-16-2008, 12:02 AM
What are you all using for bait. I would recommend a live minnow on the bottom. Just wait and hold on. ;) Panfish Popper and I seen a huge cat in there one night while fishing with a floating light. I can't even say the size because you wouldn't believe it. Looked like Jaws. :o

NorCal2500HD
08-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Were headed up to berryessa this weekend on a houseboat..leaving from pleasure cove...any places on the lake sell minnows/live bait? Mostly gonna be fishing at night when we cant take the ski boat out......was gonna take a few tubs of chicken livers...any other tips about fishing up there i might want to know about?..thanks
~Brian

MB_Kevin
08-16-2008, 11:10 PM
There is a gas station that sells minnows now. It depends on what way you drive into pleasure cove. If you go in from the side we do ( guess from the south or from SF side) you will pass a left turn that would take you Spanish flats or campell cove. There is a bar and a small county store with a gas station across the street. They now have minnows. Spanish flats marina used to have them but I think they might be closed now. I think it is Putah creek that would also have them. I usually look for deep drop offs near shore in a rocky area. I also make sure the area looks fishy. Don't be afraid to throw on a hot dog for the cats too.
If you are coming to Pleasure cove from the other side the gas station is only a few miles past it and make a right turn and you are there.
Good Luck and post a report.

Dustriver
08-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Been working a turn around. We used minnows, anchovies and liver. No dice on the 10th. Maybe someone'll do better....